Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad I found this forum. My wife killed bambi with the left front of our 05 Sienna, but rather than look new as had been our custom for years, I decided to try and recreate my luck from last year on Craigslist.
You see, last year I found my 90 Miata w/27k in Des Moines (heck, I hadn't been on a bus in 30 years!), my daughter's 97 Accord w/ 45k, and my 99 Lexus w/38k. The last two locally. Now, for full disclosure, I did make a flight to Orlando that turned out to be a complete waste--car NOT as described-- but the good finds more than made up for the $300 lunch in Florida (flight included).
Anyway, I leave tomorrow morning on a flight to retrieve a 95 Ody w/66k. Assuming no great surprises when I get there, I will be driving home rather than flying. It is missing one of the second row seats, but that is for another post in another section. In any event, KC is so centrally located that, except for the coasts, I can shop around a large area and still not be too far away.
My son may soon take a new job in San Fran, so I may have other reasons to head to that part of the country as well.
I hope I don't jinx myself, but CL has been great for me and cars lately. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
67k plus now and counting. It was a lease for the first 2 years and 24k miles, then bought by a grandmother in Wisconsin who kept it until her death. The daughter offered it to family member teen drivers who didn't want it--not cool enough. Carfax showed frontal collision with another car, so I called the number for the owner on the title. That's how I found out she had passed away and got the history from the daughter. I couldn't find the usual telltale signs of a frontal repair, so I asked about it. "She ran into her own garage, not another car!" said the daughter. Dented the hood, but no radiator, airbag, or other similar damage.
Anyway, the daughter traded it to a dealer with the second row right seat missing, (grandma's dog chewed it badly), dealer sent it to auction, second dealer bought it at auction and I bought it from them.
Took it to my dealer to fix a wheel sensor on the ABS system. Sunroof motor is bad but I will just leave it closed. Also replaced timing belt and water pump. The rest of it checked out in great condition. I am getting 2nd row seats from another odyclub member in a week and a half--tan instead of gray, but for $100 I can live with it. It rides and drives great. I am planning on taking a trip from KC to San Francisco in Jan. or Feb. so that will be a good test.
So far, so good. I love it. Hope to keep it for 150k miles more--apparently not unusual for the 95 Ody.

By my math, grandma had it 14 years and put on 42k miles--3k per year average.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That part doesn't bother me. I have collected antique furniture for years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts