Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I brought my 2011 Ody in for a checkup. I was seeing intermittent puffs of blue exhaust while on the interstate. No sounds, rpm changes or anything. Just a quick puff. I started trolling forums and found I missed the VCM TCB and the supposed xtended warranty. Long story short, what is the best bang for my buck to purchase the easiest Muzzler out on the market to install myself? Man I wish I had seen the TCB. For years we just thought the van shifted hard. Makes me feel stupid.

Please send some info about the best possible VCM disable device. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
190 Posts
So I brought my 2011 Ody in for a checkup. I was seeing intermittent puffs of blue exhaust while on the interstate. No sounds, rpm changes or anything. Just a quick puff. I started trolling forums and found I missed the VCM TCB and the supposed xtended warranty. Long story short, what is the best bang for my buck to purchase the easiest Muzzler out on the market to install myself? Man I wish I had seen the TCB. For years we just thought the van shifted hard. Makes me feel stupid.

Please send some info about the best possible VCM disable device. Thank you in advance
I think they are all easy to install, but I really like the VCMTUNER II as an install and forget option. I've been using it for 1 year and over 15K miles. I started a thread about it last year:

Hope the information helps.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find out about the TSB and extended warranty until your van had already aged out of the coverage. That sucks.

But with that said, I don't think you have anything to lose by taking your Ody to your friendly neighbourhood Honda dealership and asking them to look at it. You may not be entitled to full coverage of the repair but maybe you can get Honda to help by picking up some portion of the bill. It doesn't hurt to ask and the worst thing they can say is no, in which case you proceed with your plan to install a VCM disable device and hope for the best. Changing the spark plugs will also help.

The VCMTuner II that @BertS suggests is the current state of the art device - it's the Cadillac of muzzlers. Other excellent options are the S-VCM controller, the Max Muzzler (reach out to @maxud via PM for details) or VCMuzzler II (reach out to @verbatim via PM for details).

There is also another TSB for rough shifting, focusing on a software upgrade for the transmission and a triple drain-and-fill of the transmission fluid. That too might be helpful in smoothing out the way your Ody drives.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions. 🙂

·
Registered
91 Posts
my engine had the piston ring recall done thanks to the VCM defect.

Get the VCM Muzzler II, it may help those stuck gunked up oil rings by running those cylinders all the time.

I have disabled VCM using the Muzzler on my 2012 TE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts