Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda wants $700.00 plus labor to install a hitch for my 05 ODY.

I just want to pull a snowmobile.

Any cheaper options?

TIA

·
Administrator
14,510 Posts
How about the search terms?

cheaper and hitch
aftermarket and hitch
:
:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does the $700 include the PS cooler, transmission cooler, wiring harness, and air deflector? If so, that's a pretty good price! I've been quoted $900 for the parts only.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it does.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree, that's a good price. I wouldn't go on the cheap if you are pulling a snowmobile.

·
Registered
412 Posts
snowybutterfly said:
Does the $700 include the PS cooler, transmission cooler, wiring harness, and air deflector? If so, that's a pretty good price! I've been quoted $900 for the parts only.
I was quoted $665 + tax for the entire package at one of the dealerships in PA. Trailer and harness is doable for me. The coolers are a little trickier. Would probably need some spare clips to replace the ones I'd break when both the front and rear bumpers are removed.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just my opinion, but if you are just towing a small utility trailer and a snowmobile, I think the tranny cooler and PS cooler are probably overkill. I'm guessing that you are probably over your warrantee on the transmission. I had Uhaul put my hitch (Class III) for $180 installed....its a nice unit and bought the wiring harness from Etrailer.com for like $40.
If you were going to be hauling a popup or boat I would say yes on the tranny cooler, but for just a utility trailer and sled I think its not necessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts