Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sienna minivan with my Odyssey !!! hahahahaha

(I know...dumb thread, but it was too freakin' hilarious at the moment,
that I just had to share it with the group !)

Heading up a twisty steep hill on my way home the other day in the new 2001 Ody and lo and behold, a new Sienna in the inside lane jockeying around traffic to get a shot up this 1 mile twisty 2 lane road.
Thought,..."what the hell - the van's almost broken in, so time to let the V-Tec rip.

Sure enough, as the Sienna punches it off the line at the last stoplight at the bottom of the hill, I see the condensation in his tailpipe drip out as his front end lifts, and what's that ?..I hear a bit of tire chirp ?..hmmmmmmmm

hehe... never one to back down from a challenge, I drop the shifter down hard, reminescent of the days of old (3 on the tree) and tromp on the gas, and feel the traction control pulse as the front Michelin tires are "grasping" for traction in my racing "steed". The Toy jumps the gun, as
I wasn't sure he was going to punch it off the line, but as the Ody's "paws" find traction as it lurches into 2nd gear, I slowly but steadily lurch onto the tail of the unsuspecting Toy. First major corner, and I remain behind the ominous brown Sienna, with driver checking his rear view mirror, surprised he is being "challenged" at his hill supremecy. Quick straight shoot to the next set of twisties, and I decide to show
the racing Sienna that the "H" on the front hood is not just for "hot" but that I have a racing legend to uphold. Pull out to the right curb lane, and start a daring "Villenueve" outside pass on the screaching and straining Toy, with driver glancing out of the corners of his eyes unable to grasp the comprehension of this "new kid" that thinks he can pull an outside pass on the king (is that brown leather driving gloves I
see on the Toy driver ?!!) Pitch the van in the next right gotta remember front wheel drive, and actually try to pitch the van in pretty hard (humour me guys...I'm used to my 240's, and RX7's and other RWD cars that I drift at 80+mph !) and get to the "apex" before the toy, and KNOW I have him on the next set of twisties... as I can see the "track" is clear ahead of us, and can plot my entry and apexes with clear vision ahead of me. Vtec a screaming, and Ody a pulling away from the Toy, and I can almost hear a disgruntled Toy owner cursing the Honda marque as he is no longer king of the hill !!! TEE HEE HEE !!

(it's been so damn long since I've raced anyone, hell, I'll even take a van vs van race...... man it's scary growing old !!) hahahahaha - wife just shaking her head as I was beaming and boasting of my "kill" to her
!! hehe (got me in the mood to work more on my race cars this weekend !!)

Now.... once I slam the van, put 18"s on it, and the exhaust ...I may very well HAVE to stick the spare NOS bottle on it, cuz I know I'll be "challenged" more often ~!! hahahaha :0

That'd be pretty hilarious.... put a 75 shot of NOS in the van, and once you're rolling along, you'd probably scare a few cars that would normally trounce on my Ody !! hehe(evil cackle)

sigh....... don

http://www.pdm-racing.com

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I think the ole 3.5 would do well on N2O.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
861 Posts
I've ACTUALLY raced and beat:

last gen Taurus. some punk kid in mom's car...what a hoot!

newer Saturn SC2. that was funny!

ZX2, another hilarious attempt by the Ford driver....

dang....tons more! my wife is ALWAYS racing guys in that van!
some people never learn.....

------------------
Any Questions, comments...email me: [email protected]

·
Registered
30 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PDM:
Sienna minivan with my Odyssey !!! hahahahaha

(I know...dumb thread, but it was too freakin' hilarious at the moment,
that I just had to share it with the group !)

Heading up a twisty steep hill on my way home the other day in the new 2001 Ody and lo and behold, a new Sienna in the inside lane jockeying around traffic to get a shot up this 1 mile twisty 2 lane road.
Thought,..."what the hell - the van's almost broken in, so time to let the V-Tec rip.

Sure enough, as the Sienna punches it off the line at the last stoplight at the bottom of the hill, I see the condensation in his tailpipe drip out as his front end lifts, and what's that ?..I hear a bit of tire chirp ?..hmmmmmmmm

hehe... never one to back down from a challenge, I drop the shifter down hard, reminescent of the days of old (3 on the tree) and tromp on the gas, and feel the traction control pulse as the front Michelin tires are "grasping" for traction in my racing "steed". The Toy jumps the gun, as
I wasn't sure he was going to punch it off the line, but as the Ody's "paws" find traction as it lurches into 2nd gear, I slowly but steadily lurch onto the tail of the unsuspecting Toy. First major corner, and I remain behind the ominous brown Sienna, with driver checking his rear view mirror, surprised he is being "challenged" at his hill supremecy. Quick straight shoot to the next set of twisties, and I decide to show
the racing Sienna that the "H" on the front hood is not just for "hot" but that I have a racing legend to uphold. Pull out to the right curb lane, and start a daring "Villenueve" outside pass on the screaching and straining Toy, with driver glancing out of the corners of his eyes unable to grasp the comprehension of this "new kid" that thinks he can pull an outside pass on the king (is that brown leather driving gloves I
see on the Toy driver ?!!) Pitch the van in the next right gotta remember front wheel drive, and actually try to pitch the van in pretty hard (humour me guys...I'm used to my 240's, and RX7's and other RWD cars that I drift at 80+mph !) and get to the "apex" before the toy, and KNOW I have him on the next set of twisties... as I can see the "track" is clear ahead of us, and can plot my entry and apexes with clear vision ahead of me. Vtec a screaming, and Ody a pulling away from the Toy, and I can almost hear a disgruntled Toy owner cursing the Honda marque as he is no longer king of the hill !!! TEE HEE HEE !!

(it's been so damn long since I've raced anyone, hell, I'll even take a van vs van race...... man it's scary growing old !!) hahahahaha - wife just shaking her head as I was beaming and boasting of my "kill" to her
!! hehe (got me in the mood to work more on my race cars this weekend !!)

Now.... once I slam the van, put 18"s on it, and the exhaust ...I may very well HAVE to stick the spare NOS bottle on it, cuz I know I'll be "challenged" more often ~!! hahahaha :0

That'd be pretty hilarious.... put a 75 shot of NOS in the van, and once you're rolling along, you'd probably scare a few cars that would normally trounce on my Ody !! hehe(evil cackle)

sigh....... don

http://www.pdm-racing.com
</font>
PDM, Did you used to write for Penthouse "Forum"? Just wordering.
Brichead

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brichead:
PDM, Did you used to write for Penthouse "Forum"? Just wordering.
Brichead
</font>
LOL! I was thinking more along the lines of www.ClubSi.com.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
122 Posts
Time to start the Odyssey Racing Forum. Lets get some quarter miles times in on the bottle and with slicks installed!

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
We must not forget ... there is a Gus among us! Gus Mahon's wicked Mini was the first to hit low 13's/high 12's.

Gus Mahon

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts