Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Re: 01 instructions

ElvisPresley2 said:
if anyone can point me to instructions for cleaning the solenoid screens on an 01, I'd appreciate it!
Also, If I install a magnefine, why not remove the screens entirely?
Again...not sure what would happen.

Your 4-speed isn't much different than the 5-speed. You should be able to use my directions very easily. The exterior of the case isn't much different. Just order what you need from my post in the other thread and read my PDF that I put together on the 5-speed (along with JOFIE's post's), grab your tools and start into it. If you handy, you'll see it's not hard at all.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just wanted to update on my repair. We've put about 9k on it since then and it's still working.

1>2 shift is hard but i'm sure a lot of that has to do with the front motor mount being shot.

Had a coil go bad a few weeks back. (unrelated but just figured i'd mention it)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the update Odd -
I just did my first ATF flush today (at 17k miles after a rebuild) I've only had the van for 1,500 miles.

I swapped it for Valvoline High Mileage (75000 mi.+)

Does anyone else think that ATF smells like Rotten Feet?

Also, I performed the solinoid screen cleaning...They were spotless - which was good to see....I guess that's what I was hoping for, but I was kind of in the mood to clean some grit.

On the magnetic drain plug - there was some shavings, but minimal at best. The fluid looked brand new and I hated to drain it.

Overall the job was straight forward, extremely time consuming, and well worth it.

I've got a magnefine filter on order and will install that soon.

The previous owner says that there was a transmission cooler installed, but i've yet to see it. I haven't looked very hard yet.

Thanks for all the great tips guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations oddfella but mine transmision didnt respond to this repair. So i took out mine transmision and now swapping from accord v6 3.0 with code b7xa. Also i will open a new thread about swapping from other hondas and what differs when kol finish because i was searching for it like 6months and nobody takes it for rebuild (east europe)

·
Registered
17 Posts
01 instructions

if anyone can point me to instructions for cleaning the solenoid screens on an 01, I'd appreciate it!
Also, If I install a magnefine, why not remove the screens entirely?
I've got a 2002 that won't shift past 2nd gear anymore. I've cleaned the screens and checked tho solenoids for resistance and functioning. Am thinking to set the solenoids in Chemtool B12 carburetor cleaner and function test them with a battery so maybe pump out any gunk stuck inside. After that I think I'll remove or push open the screens and function flow the solenoids again in carburetor cleaner to see if there is any difference then reinstall them!
I don't know if anyone will read this anytime soon but let me know if you're curious about my success. If I figure out how I'll update the post w/o prompting.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If I figure out how I'll update the post w/o prompting.
Don't hit the Reply button. Just go below and 'Write your reply' in the box! ;) And to fix a typo, there's the dots above your post on the right. Click and select Edit. It does take a while to figure these bits out! And do post your results!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts