Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a build date of Sept 7th and my VIN number from the dealer today. I plugged the last 8 digits into the Burlington Northern SF VIN search and it came back: number not in system.

Should I try some other railroad site, or does BNSF have all the business from Honda-Canada?

·
Registered
79 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sinbad:
I got a build date of Sept 7th and my VIN number from the dealer today. I plugged the last 8 digits into the Burlington Northern SF VIN search and it came back: number not in system.

Should I try some other railroad site, or does BNSF have all the business from Honda-Canada?
</font>
It says "not found" if the number is not being tracked. Make sure you have the VIN box checked.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It said "not found." The VIN box was checked.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just a guess, but I doubt that BNSF has all of the vans coming in from Canada. Try some of the others to see if they have a tracking such as Union Pacific etc...

·
Registered
56 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blakeinhou:
Just a guess, but I doubt that BNSF has all of the vans coming in from Canada. Try some of the others to see if they have a tracking such as Union Pacific etc...</font>
Mine never showed up on bnsf. When I checked Union Pacific, it said I needed the rail car number from the dealer.

My dealer had their own Honda VIN tracking system that seemed to be real accurate (accessible only by dealers). I got to know the phone receptionist real well since she was able to track my vehicle.

------------------
-- Todd

'02 GG Odyssey EX-L
'99 Forester S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts