Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went today to a car stereo shop and asked about using a Sony Playstation with the i-VES system I have ordered for my new van. They felt it wouldn't work well because the Sony PS isn't designed as a mobile unit and there would be skipping when the car hit a bump. Is there anyone out there using a Sony PS for its DVD capabilities in your Ody? In concept it sounds like a great idea because you have both DVD and games capability in one unit to supplement the VCP that comes with the Honda i-VES. But it also seems logical that there could be problems with doing that. Any comments would be much appreciated.

vangirl

'00 Red S2000
'00 Black Civic EX
Soon to the proud owner of an '01 SS Ody EX

·
Registered
27 Posts
In my '89 Dodge Colt, I had a portable CD player affixed upside-down to the ceiling with hook-and-loop material (it was really cool, trust me
). I would frequently forget to turn on the skip protection; then, 20 minutes of bumpy roads later, it would skip once.

That's not too bad, especially considering that the unit was just suspended from the ceiling. Of course, one skip in the middle of a video game could ruin your best run ever in GT3 or whatever. I would recommend building (or having built) a suspension system for the PS2. If you get creative, you should be able to put somethihng suitable together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts