Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering how much a paint shop would charge to just paint the side sills on the EX-L to match the Celestial Blue of the rest of the body. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm wondering how much a paint shop would charge to just paint the side sills on the EX-L to match the Celestial Blue of the rest of the body. Has anyone done this?
That would be nice. I don't care for the fingerprints that the matte finish shows

·
Registered
301 Posts
That would be nice. I don't care for the fingerprints that the matte finish shows
We need to find something to clean that area better. After I got my front windows tinted a noticed a quarter circle area next to window that is now darker than the rest of the trim.

Looks like it could be sweat from the installers arm or head. I tried cleaning with a few different items and nothing got rid of it. I actually like the trim black but the material isn't the greatest.

·
Registered
359 Posts
You're talking about the lower body side sills, right? My guess would be $100 to $200 depending on the shop. Looks like they could just remove them and paint them without you having to leave your van at the shop.

Or you can buy them already painted from Honda and try to install them yourself, they are the same side sills they use on the Touring models. They are $250 for the pair on this website:
Honda Automotive Parts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I thought we were talking about the area between the windows that are the matte black finish?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I thought we were talking about the area between the windows that are the matte black finish?
that would be the pillar garnish. (B-pillar right behind driver, C-pillar behind the second row). They are glossy black on the Touring models and perhaps you can get them and swap them out. Around $154 for all 4 accordiing to this link:
Honda Automotive Parts

I also have a F150 and the lower trim models have matte black pillar garnish as well, and those owners have been swapping them out with the glossy pillar garnish from the upper trim models.

·
Registered
301 Posts
that would be the pillar garnish. (B-pillar right behind driver, C-pillar behind the second row). They are glossy black on the Touring models and perhaps you can get them and swap them out. Around $154 for all 4 accordiing to this link:
Honda Automotive Parts

I also have a F150 and the lower trim models have matte black pillar garnish as well, and those owners have been swapping them out with the glossy pillar garnish from the upper trim models.
Thanks, but your link is not working FYI. At least I cant get the link to work.

I wonder how it would look glossy and my tailgate trim piece still being the matte.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're talking about the lower body side sills, right? My guess would be $100 to $200 depending on the shop. Looks like they could just remove them and paint them without you having to leave your van at the shop.

Or you can buy them already painted from Honda and try to install them yourself, they are the same side sills they use on the Touring models. They are $250 for the pair on this website:
Honda Automotive Parts
Yes, I was talking about the lower side sills. Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about the same price you mentioned. I might just end up buying the touring's lower side sills.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just looked at a pic of my Ody and I never realized/noticed that they are black.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention :( Ignorance was bliss....

·
Registered
359 Posts
If your black side sills have a textured finish to them, you might be better off just buying the painted Touring sills since they have a nice smooth finish. The smoother finish will blend in better with the rest of the body panels.

If the link doesn't work, goto their home page (Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store) and then look up parts, 2011 Odyssey, and then choose the Touring model in order to find the painted body side sills or the glossy pillar garnish. There are also other discount Honda parts dealers online and you can compare the prices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts