Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with that, I see some people here getting it for about $800.00. The guy at the finance Dept. told me that it would cover everything bumper to bumper: Body, electrical and mechanical(Except: tires, brake pads and the such)

Please I will like to get some advise on this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my '02 and they wanted $995 for 6/100K. I then saw $895 on this site. It would be great to find the cheapest deal, anybody find a good deal for 7/100K. My dealer also stressed the road-side assistance.

------------------
'02 RP EX

·
Registered
47 Posts
Honda Care Plan 7/100/0 can be purchased from Tracy McCrystal,Finance Manager, at Alton Blakley Honda, Phone # 800 264 3275 or email at [email protected] Many others have purchased the HCP from her. You don't have to purchase it from the dealer you bought your Ody from...doesn't matter if you purchase the HCP from out of state...All Honda dealers have to honor the HCP. She will send you an info package to let you know all the details.
I got my package from her....now all I need is my ODY!!!!!

Schnauzer

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought mine from Tracy and I live in California. My dealership wouldn't go below $1,600 for the exact same warranty. I told them thanks but now thanks and bought it from Tracy for $875.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ody88,

Where did you get the 7Y/80K/$50 for $645?

That is a great deal (Great $avings).

Thanks,

------------------
Will N.
New Jersey "The Garden State"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ody-Ranger,

Sorry about the late reply, we got it from the dealer at Honda Cars of Mckinney, Texas. It is NOT a Honda Care Plan, but the HAG(Hendrick Auto Guard) plan. It provides substitute transporation and 24 hour roadside service. It can only be transfered once to another owner. If the car is within 40 miles of the selling dealer, deliver it to the dealer for extended services, otherwise call 1-800 number for the authorized facilities. The dealer tried to sell it for $1,180, then dropped down to $645 which I couldn't refuse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI, I know someone who owns a Honda dealership. He told me that the 7yr/100K $0 deductible warranty costs the dealership $825.

O.K., I got mine for $850!

------------------
~~~Carvemeister
a.k.a. Arkem Orparkem

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do you think that they would be willing to sell the warranty to anyone not buying an Odyssey from them? The price sounds great.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE ON: I was just told by Paramus NJ Honda that the 7y/100k/0 would cost me $1,800.oo...

Here's my latest update...
So I called back after a week of purchasing my 02 SS EXL-RES from the dealer and getting the "over-priced" $1,800.00 HCP warranty (Which happens to be commision for Nelson). I left a voice message for "Nelson" (Finance) to see if he could match the $875.00 HCP from Tracy; well it's been 2 weeks and he has not responded to my clear and detailed message. Today, I left him another voice message to see how good of a Finance Agent he is.
I hope he gets back to me soon, before I go to the dealer my self.

We'll I will most likely cancel the HCP warranty that he sold to me for $1,800.00 and have Honda Motors do a chargeback on his HCP commision.
This "Nelson" wouldn't go down on the price anyways even after I had mentioned Tracy's deal.
So, I will get my HCP trought Tracy instead (It's the same exact coverage at a BARGAIN price) I should be getting her HCP package soon.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL ODYSSEY ENTHUSIASTS!!!

------------------
Will N.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...I hope he gets back to me soon, before I go to the dealer my self.

I went back to the dealer today and spoke to Nelson (Finance)and he said that he could go as low as $1,125.00 after I had told him that I had seen the warranty for as low as $875.00; however he said that he would check with his manager on Monday for a lower price.

Now Nelson is talking business : )

------------------
Will N.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good going there Ody-ranger. Get that finance guy to match Tracy's price or cancel your policy with him and get it from Tracy. Thanks to this web site many people have saved $$$.

Schnauzer

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have e-mailed Tracy twice and called her once about the 7 yr. extended warranty. She never responded to the e-mail and told me she would send info. 2 weeks back. Has anyone else had problems reaching her?

·
Registered
28 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ljayweiss:
I have e-mailed Tracy twice and called her once about the 7 yr. extended warranty. She never responded to the e-mail and told me she would send info. 2 weeks back. Has anyone else had problems reaching her?</font>
I emailed her and got a response in 3 days. She said she would send a packet ASAP. It's been over 2 weeks and still waiting.

------------------
2002 EP LX
1998 Civic DX, Cyclone Blue Metallic
1992 Civic LX, Dark Red (154k miles, anyone want to buy it, runs great!)

Previous Hondas:
1987 Prelude, Gray (totaled in 2000 w/188k miles)
1978 Accord, Red

Other cars:
1982 Ford EXP (We all make mistakes!)
1969 Olds Delta 88 (with 10 speed bike in back seat in case it broke down)

Other:
2000 Yardman mower with a Honda engine.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DWF:
I emailed her and got a response in 3 days. She said she would send a packet ASAP. It's been over 2 weeks and still waiting.

</font>
Same here and she didn't answer my last e-mail. It wouldn't surprise me if other Honda dealers pressured them to stop selling online because of the good price.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
10 Posts
I left a message & didn't hear back, so I just called every once in a while until I got her on the phone. It took about a week to get the application. She turned it around in three days. I guess it's up to Honda now to send the contract. Keep trying. For $875 for 7/100/0 it's the best deal around. My dealership would not match it, and said that they would lose money on the deal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
rikse,
Did Tracy mention why she has been so slow in returning emails and calls and sending out info packets? I hope what Maugham mentioned about perhaps other dealers have put pressure on Tracy and the dealership to stop her from selling the Honda Care Plan online isn't true! I have the info packet she sent me and a price quote of $875.00 for 7/100/0 plan but I still don't have my Ody!!!Been counting on this great savings. Maybe it would be a good idea to pass the word to all on this board not to brag or mention where we can get such a great deal on the HCP.

Schnauzer

1 - 20 of 30 Posts