Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Ody EX that I just replaced the transmission in last week. When I drove it home it would not shift into the overdrive gear
and the TCS light came on along with a blinking "P" on the dash. Also, it has had a Idle hunt problem and threw the proverbial PO505 code
for idle control system malf. Could the idle problem be causing the transmission issues as said?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Suggest you take it back to transmission shop. The "P" light does not flash - it is the "D" light that will flash and store a code. Ask them to retrieve the PCM code and check their work - ensure connectors all plugged in etc.

The P0505 code would be a separate matter. Clear this and the PCM code to see if it returns after the shop looks at the van for the transmission. Then if it comes back as P0505 - check the Idle Air Control Valve and its connections.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Oops! I did mean the "d" light was flashing. I took it to the shop the get the codes read so I can go from there.
Will check all mentioned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, a connector for the main shaft speed sensor was left unsecured, transmission problem solved after reconnecting.
And a new Idle Control Valve solved the idle problem. All is well for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts