Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi gang,
I know there's a lot of talk about getting the VIN. My dealer says he has a partial on the serial number of my RRP - i assume he means VIN - what can i do with that for tracking? i think i remember reading before 9/11 you could actually track the shipment; i think i read shortly thereafter that increased security meant less information to the consumer - thanks for any info!
Gary

·
Registered
52 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gary:
hi gang,
I know there's a lot of talk about getting the VIN. My dealer says he has a partial on the serial number of my RRP - i assume he means VIN - what can i do with that for tracking? i think i remember reading before 9/11 you could actually track the shipment; i think i read shortly thereafter that increased security meant less information to the consumer - thanks for any info!
Gary
</font>
You can no longer track your own van with the VIN number. People are getting them for the simple reason of proof that their van exists, and hopefully to keep the dealer from selling it out from under them to a higher bidder. From the point that the dealer can give you a complete VIN, you should see it actually show up in about 3 weeks, depending on where you are located in the country.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts