Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of us with 2011's and 2012's are having an issue with the DVD player/RES. The problem is that if there is a movie playing, when the van is shut off and restarted, the movie starts over from the beginning instead of continuing (and by starts over, I mean back to the previews before the menu). I know some may not think this is a big deal, but for some of us with small children, it is quite a pain. To be candid, if I knew the RES would work like this, I would have saved some $$$ and bought a less expensive model, or even paid more attention to the local Toyota dealer...

Per another thread in the Accessories forum, a few owners have been lucky enough to have their dealers replace the DVD players with a new one, which plays continuously, while others of us have been told that this is the way it's suppose to work. My dealer told me this morning to push pause before turning the vehicle off, but for those of us with young children, sometimes this isn't the most convenient option (which is ironic since 'convenience' is the reason I chose to buy a minivan).

I called American Honda and the representative I spoke with told me that it is an issue they are aware of, but they have no sort of method for correcting it. In otherwords, tough luck. She said maybe there will be some sort of software update that could correct it (I'm not technical enough to know if this is a viable option). I asked if enough people complained, would that expedite some sort of resolution, and she said 'absolutely.' So PLEASE, if you have having problems with your DVD restarting from the beginning after the vehicle has cycled on and off, please call American Honda at 1-800-999-1009 because it is NOT the way the RES was intended to work. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
Please stick with the deicated thread for this in the dedicated audio/video forum. And yes. You need to find a new dealer. This is a problem and you are due a new DVD player till Honda rolls out a s/w update. I would fight for this. Carry on the discussion in the other thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.