Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a disagreement with my wife. Can someone tell me if the 2012 odyssey has a smart key and a push button start. The ignition where you just push the button to turn on. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sadly it does not. We had this with our Veracruz where you just twisted the ignition but the key could be anywhere in the car. Nice feature but really not as convenient as we really don't miss it now.

We have the touring elite odyssey so if it's not an option on this thing it doesn't exist (this year at least).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. we just bought a 2010 touring demo 9k miles. and it does not have it and my wife says thats the only thing we are missing. I told her its not an option she said we should have bought a 2012. I said its not a option still so I had to find out for sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nissan and Toyota's have those but not Honda except push button start on S2000 roadster.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like keys just sayin.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had the push button on both my S2000's... Have it on our 2010 Audi A6 Avant... don't honestly see the need for them once the initial "hey that's different" has worn off. Particularly since you still needed to use the key on the Honda.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya we just got it and she is not that happy about being a soccer mom and is not as excited as I am on the new van. I have been buying all the accessories for it and have been reading the entire manual to see if I can learn something. Oh well she will have to deal with it for a few years at least then we can go back to the lex suv.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts