Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first let me say that apparently IL is the Ody capital of the world! I saw a ton of Odys on the road in IL but hardly any in KY or TN.

We went from Nashville to St. Louis first to see the Arch & check out the zoo. Our friend met us there (00 MB Ody) with her kids then we them back to their home northwest of Springfield, IL.

The NAVI was great; I had no idea how to get to our hotel or the Arch or the zoo and all of those locations were there. It made me feel...lazy...for not having to worry about where we were going or even what highway were on.

Anyway, bug-city on the van (geez there are some BIG bugs out in the cornfields of IL) which I have to clean off today but not a whole lot more to report.

We did check out the IL State Fair while we were there & got some deep fried cheese curds YUM!

·
Registered
13 Posts
On our trip from Virginia to Chicago and back earlier this month, I also noticed a lot of Odys in the Chicago area, but very few driving through Ohio and Indiana. We drove the southern route (76 and 70 through Columbus and Indianapolis, 65 up to Chicago area) on the way and 80 (Gary, Toledo) and then down through PA on the way back.

I found out that there are many people in those states who are still buying Windstars! Incredible.

In Pennsylvania during a gas stop I noticed all sorts of American flags and "Thanks for traveling" signs. It reminded me what it was like in the months after 9/11. Turns out we were very near Shanksville, where the last hijacked plane crashed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think you will find that most people that live in Illinois would like to get out of Illinois and have purchased an Ody to make vacations easier.

I've lived in Illinois for 13 years and other than Chicago, I've never found anywhere good to vacation in this state.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts