Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 days into my new Ody & I can say I absolutely love this vehicle!! Powerful, smooth ride is much nicer than I expected. Despite all of the recent negative posts about overall road noise, I found it to be very quiet. Power doors are quite a nice feature. The leather adds quite a bit to the "classiness" of the interior. A quick "clay job" & couple coats of Zaino, and the finish is slicker than I could ever imagine. NAV was put to good use in an impromptu visit to Atlanta as we pulled up the directions to a downtown restaraunt that we had heard of, but didn't quite know how to get to. It charted our course flawlessly . . . if only we could pull up their menu and reviews prior to arriving . . . I'm sure integration of internet and hyperlinking will not be too far off!!

The only two "problems" I noticed are that the left driver's arm rest seems too low & the door seems/sounds awfully "flimsy" when it is closed. Would accoustical matting (if "sandwiched" into the door panel) lessen the vibrations of the shutting door and improve the "sound/feel" of the flimsy door. Any other ideas? Are 2001's like this?

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've read many posts now, where people have referred to Zaino. What the heck is this stuff and why is it so great?
I've never heard of it, so could you please enlighten me? Oh...and where can I buy some?

·
Registered
36 Posts
And what's this "clay job" that you refer to, Man314?

------------------
(o: Terry :eek:)
'02 GG RES

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the web site:

http://www.zainobros.com/

It's pretty good stuff. It will explain "claying." Pls also look over the past 90 days in the detailing section.

I didn't have any idea about most of this "stuff" before odyclub.com!!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I also have 8 days into my 02 EX L SS. I have to say, it is great. I have no problems. As I have posted, I had trouble getting my Poron reverse sensor working correctly but it was my fault. I find it is not as noisy as my '99 EX. The seat back does not go back by it self as the '99 did. It has more power but I really have not pushed hard as it has only 350 miles. Any one with questions on the '02 - just ask.

I also did not know about Zanio before reading this post. I will say it is good!
Folks interested should read www.zainobros.com. I was surprised how much dirt came off my new 02 when it was only hours old and looked clean.

·
Registered
78 Posts
In general, they all work in concert with each other.

At a minimum, I'd say get Z1, Z2, and Z5. But since you're already getting those three, you may as well get Z18 and Z6, too.

·
Registered
286 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Man314:
the door seems/sounds awfully "flimsy" when it is closed. Would accoustical matting (if "sandwiched" into the door panel) lessen the vibrations of the shutting door and improve the "sound/feel" of the flimsy door.

</font>
What usually gives a more solid feel to a door is a damping material adhered to the sheet metal. This is not a matting but a viscoelastic sheet that damps vibrations in the metal. Several companies make such materials for the noise control market. I believe one product marketed heavily at probably a very inflated price through audio stores is called Dynamat. If you search through this site for "soundproofing" topics I believe some people have found less expensive sources of similar materials.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've used this company several times and was very pleased with the product selection and service. Bought a generic "Dynamat" type material and it was FAR cheaper and the same stuff! Check it out (use the search feature for "sound proofing" etc.)
www.mcmaster.com

------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts