Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
$37,500 OBO – please read the justification for $1,500 above KBB.

Unexpectedly, we’re having to sell this awesome vehicle after receiving active duty orders which will uproot us from the desert to a very snowy part of the country. Sadly, the Chief Cook & Bottle Maker has asked for AWD capability despite our devotion and joy with our current MiniVan. I’ve maintained this vehicle to the highest degree possible with plans of keeping it for 15+ yrs; see details below:
  • No accidents
  • Clean Title
  • No rust
  • Exceptional condition (see link for pictures)
In addition to the standard Elite options; the following were dealer added options (additions to the window sticker):
  • Power Tailgate Hands-free Access (for Trailer Hitch compatibility)
  • Roof Rails & Crossbars
  • Trailer Hitch & Harness
  • All-Season Floor Mats & Mud Flaps
  • Cargo Tray
- Paint Protection Film (Llumar) – installed on the vehicle within the first 309 miles as a complete plastic wrap custom fitted for the front (headlights, mirrors, etc...). Very impressive material that is very difficult to detect but offers outstanding protection. The paint was corrected first (so all of the mfr imperfections, etc..were removed), then this film was applied, and lastly 3 9H layers (see info below) was applied to the entire car (windows and wheels).

- Ceramic Pro 9H - watch the demo video (here). 9H a silicon based clear coat-like, thin layer that further protects the paint and makes the car look waxed – extremely hydrophobic / very impressive technology.

- Window Tint (Llumar STRATOS™ SERIES) - Read about it here and specification here. Extremely high-quality material with impressively clear visual qualities along with expectational total heat rejection performance.

- Undercoating (rust prevention - homemade mixture with two different oils, doesn't collect dirt and is perfectly protected - I applied this mixture (every year) to ensure that the underside of the car is well preserved and zero rust.

- Radiator Protection - I took the entire front end apart so that I could install an aluminum protection screen in front of all the heat exchangers so that rocks, bugs, etc... don't bend or damage the heat exchangers.

- MX / Blackstone Oil Analysis - I've performed all of the MX to ensure a proper break in period for the engine. The Engine Oil Lab analysis at each oil change interval was performed to verify mfr. oil service interval and make sure there weren't any issues with the engine or oil filtration system. Upon request, I can share each Blackstone Oil Analysis report.

- MX Records – extensive record as pictured with every cent logged accordingly.

- Warranty - there is still Original Mfr warranty left on the vehicle. I will get another Mfr Inspection as an extra measure.

- As for the Bad: There are two door dings, I think that they are pretty minor with pictures to show the minor blemish. As for the interior, there are a couple of marks behind the third row but also pretty minor. For clarification, I'm happy to video chat as a dynamic walk around the vehicle.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Looks good, hope it is not a Craigslist scammer. I'll avoid the color white...it has history that after years it starts to peel off. 05-10 and recently saw a case on a Gen 4.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good, hope it is not a Craigslist scammer. I'll avoid the color white...it has history that after years it starts to peel off. 05-10 and recently saw a case on a Gen 4.
Why would you think I'm a craigslist scammer after being on this forum for so long? I have a low post count on this particular forum but it seems pretty quick to arrive at that conclusion that I'm a scammer. I am advertising this vehicle on craigslist and autotrader.

Can you provide a recommendation for me to change/edit my post so that others don't assume I'm a scammer? Thanks for the help and response!

·
Registered
540 Posts
My bad, I thought by reading that you were looking into buying the white Ody and that was a copy/paste of the actual post online by the seller along with the pics....now after reading ur reply I realized you are the one selling it. Sorry about that.

My recommendation would be that you just let people know that you are selling the van due to job relocation and that's it. I came to that conclusion of a scam just due to that most of the scammers out there one of the excuse they have not to be able go meet the buyer in person is because they are in a military base and are being relocated or are currently "on a mission". On my work field I see at least 1 case per month...and those are the one we caught...I can't imagine how many go thru the cracks...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bad, I thought by reading that you were looking into buying the white Ody and that was a copy/paste of the actual post online by the seller along with the pics....now after reading ur reply I realized you are the one selling it. Sorry about that.
Oh - no issues, I was just confused.

My recommendation would be that you just let people know that you are selling the van due to job relocation and that's it. I came to that conclusion of a scam just due to that most of the scammers out there one of the excuse they have not to be able go meet the buyer in person is because they are in a military base and are being relocated or are currently "on a mission". On my work field I see at least 1 case per month...and those are the one we caught...I can't imagine how many go thru the cracks...
Great point - I was assuming that such a scam wasn't a valid concern given that I prefer to meet the buyers before parting with this machine. Here's my struggle, initially I was going to use your approach (simple), but a good friend of mine recommended trying to highlight the unpredictability of our situation. Essentially, his point was to discount the "it's too good to be true" by explaining why I went through so much effort (PPF, H9, etc...) with a car and then walk away from it at 25k miles?

Your method is certainly more simple; do you see an easy way to answer both concerns?

·
Registered
540 Posts
If I was the one buying it and I'm able to meet u in person and check the car then I'll be ok. Usually those scammers avoid completely meet with the buyers and only communication via text. Try Craigslist and OfferUp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I was the one buying it and I'm able to meet u in person and check the car then I'll be ok. Usually those scammers avoid completely meet with the buyers and only communication via text. Try Craigslist and OfferUp.
Good info - greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Unless you are heading to Alaska (and maybe you are), there is not a problem with the Ody in the snow with proper tires. I'm 19 years into various Odys up here in MN and they drive just fine in the snow with FWD. AWD does not do anything for braking different than FWD. Probably the most important thing is to learn / understand how to drive in the snow. We are very happy with our Odys and their ability to drive in the winter here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unless you are heading to Alaska (and maybe you are), there is not a problem with the Ody in the snow with proper tires.
Couldn't agree more with you on relatively flat terrain and with good cell service. To me, it seems like the consistency of snow and the steepness of the roads in a area of zero cell service is a bad combination.

Here are a couple of reference points; our soon to be neighbors have all warned us of their experiences with the steepness of the mountain roads in conjunction with the fact that it's at 8,000ft. A handful of stories of chains not working (walking home at night) with 2WD vehicles to include one family who has since sold their minivan after close calls and many nights having to put chains on to get home. Or the more extreme events of having to walk because of no cell service. It's this experience that I prefer my wife not to worry about. I don't want to reinvent the wheel when 100% percent of my neighbors and coworkers (or at least that's what's getting reported to me) all use a variant of an AWD with winter tires AND carry chains - it seems pretty extreme to me.

Believe me, I thought about just giving it a try - but it only takes one bad experience. And even then, like you said, AWD-Go isn't necessarily as important as AWD-Stop...but getting up hills is an issue with you can't use momentum (turns).

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you care to listen to my $0.02, here it is. I have a basically identical White 2018 Odyssey Elite. Llumar Stratos Tint on the front sides and full windshield, PPF on full front end, etc. I live in the Midwest where winter weekend trips can have anything from 50 and sunny to white out blizzards. I run Michelin Lattitude X-Ice 3 studless snow and ice tires during the winter in the stock 235/55/19 size. Never have I been searching for additional traction or grip on any hill or curve. Even when streets haven’t been cleared the van runs down snow packed and ice covered roads without cause for concern. With the amount of time, effort, and money you have in the van, I would seriously try to blow the $900-1000 on a good set of serious winter tires, carry a set of chains just in case, and see what the remainder of the winter brings. I would guess you are going to be surprised how capable the van is in inclement weather.

The stories you hear about people being stuck with no way home rarely suggests the truth of worn all season or subpar winter tires tires, lack of driving ability, and maybe older cars without driving aids like hill hold assist and decent traction control.

At the end of the day it’s your money and your decision, but I have taken my van out into bad weather over one of my AWD cars on more than 1 occasion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts