Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to load a new wallpaper picture of my grandkids on my 2011 Odyssey. I saw one post but it didn't help. I've tried the maximum resolution 1024x768 and I got the error message "Import Wallpaper Failed".

I've tried going all the way down to 500 x xxx on the resolution but I still get the same error. My file is a .jpg file. I tried filing it as a .bmp file but that didn't help.

I remember having this problem the first time I imported a file but I can't remember what I did to resolve the problem. I've probably gone to my van from my computer over 25 times to get this resolved.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
76 Posts
Never got that error message. What program are you using to resize the photo. Are you sure it is in jpeg format? What's the size of the file, should be small, under 200Kb. Also try a new USB memory key and format it first before copying over the photo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried several different USB thumb drives. My file is a .jpg as I stated in my post. I'm tried several sizes as I stated in my post. The size of the file is very small by the time I re-size. I'm on a iMac using Preview to re-size the file. I'm starting to think I have a hardware problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it!! Looks like the Preview program on my iMac was causing the problem. I pushed the file to a Windows computer and use Microsoft Office Picture Manager to re-size it to 1024x768 and it loaded like a charm on my Odyssey as the Wallpaper!

Whew!! I think I lost weight going back and forth from my iMac to my Odyssey.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Native resolution of nav screen

Is the native resolution of Ody 1024X768?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts