Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are very near purchasing an Lx by tomorrow. THe first one we test drove had a manufacture date of Nov 2010 -- it is a 2011 model. This happens to be the color we would like.
All of the other Odysseys had later 2011 dates.
Does anyone have any ideas why this 6 month old car has not moved off the lot yet?? :huh:
This dealer is charging less than the second dealer but we like the color better.
Any advise or ideas-- thanks!! :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
We are very near purchasing an Lx by tomorrow. THe first one we test drove had a manufacture date of Nov 2010 -- it is a 2011 model. This happens to be the color we would like.
All of the other Odysseys had later 2011 dates.
Does anyone have any ideas why this 6 month old car has not moved off the lot yet?? :huh:
This dealer is charging less than the second dealer but we like the color better.
Any advise or ideas-- thanks!! :)
There are many reasons the car could still be on the lot - my guess is that not as many people are looking for LX models. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the manufacture date. It's not like real estate where you wonder why a certain house has been on the market for six months without being sold...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Shouldn't make and difference. Just make sure they clean the van up really good before you take delivery.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Only be concerned if the older car has a lot of mileage on it. Maybe from a lot of test driving?

:rollingeyes:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Just ensure that the dealer has applied all the relevant TSBs and recalls to that specific car. The car's VIN should be able to tell you which ones are needed (see link below). That will save you later trips to the dealership:

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-2011-odyssey/138080-2011-honda-odyssey-technical-service-bulletins.html

·
Registered
730 Posts
As said above, don't worry about it. Just the luck of the draw, wrong color, wrong model, wrong combinations of options i.e. it's an LX and people wanted an EX or above etc.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My EX-L NAVI has a Jan 2011 manufacture date and it had almost 80 miles on it. I was upset at first but got over it quickly. The dealer said it was a trade from a dealer that is over 50 miles away. It was the color combo and trim I wanted so all was well, but I would have expected at least a Feb 2011 manufature date since I bought it in June. Especially since all the dealers are crying that there is low inventory...

·
Registered
400 Posts
My EX-L NAVI has a Jan 2011 manufacture date and it had almost 80 miles on it. I was upset at first but got over it quickly. The dealer said it was a trade from a dealer that is over 50 miles away. It was the color combo and trim I wanted so all was well, but I would have expected at least a Feb 2011 manufature date since I bought it in June. Especially since all the dealers are crying that there is low inventory...

Hey, guys how do we check the manufacture date?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey, guys how do we check the manufacture date?
There is a sticker on the inside of the drivers side door jam, just open the door and look down to the right.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Mine apparently had sat in a warehouse for 6 months, and its never shown much of a problem. The only thing I could really think of for you to check is that the tires don't have flat spots from sitting too long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts