Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 02 Odyssey, dealer did tranny flush at 77,000 miles. Then, at 108,000 I did several extractions and fills with Mityvac, not touching drain bolt. Finally, at 141,000 miles, I drained the fluid the proper way. So the bolt hadn't been touched for 64,000 miles. What interested me was that there were no detectable metallic shavings on the bolt at all....only a thin dark grey slurry. I had expected a greater accumulation of crud....guess the tranny's pretty clean.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The thing is magnetic, so the slurry is metal, sorry to mention, but as long as its reasonable. My '06 I drained for first time (bought used) had a surprising amount of similar goo on the magnet, will see how it does as I do more drain and fills.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is magnetic, so the slurry is metal, sorry to mention, but as long as its reasonable. My '06 I drained for first time (bought used) had a surprising amount of similar goo on the magnet, will see how it does as I do more drain and fills.
Yes, I know it's metal. I meant I didn't see any little slivers of metal like I've seen in some drain bolt photos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts