Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the day arrivd 2 months early for us! We picked up our MB EX-L RES on Saturday and we love it. The dealership had told us April 15 to May 15, but someone backed out and it was ours. At first we were a little nervous thinking there might be something wrong with it, but it checked out perfect to our close inspection. We dealt with Sal there and he was very professional and well informed, except about the RES system. Although he says they are allotted many RES's a month, he wasn't sure of how to do much on it. We got it running which is all that was important (the DVD that comes along with it is your best guide). They gave us -500 MSRP + mudguards and a cargo tray and didn't play with any numbers when we were there. Financed at 5.39%! They did try to sell us the Hendrick Honda Maintenance package, but didn't push too hard. Curiously, they didn't even mention the Honda extended warrenty. We weren't interested in getting it, but I was surprised they didn't push it.

As for the van, it's everything we expected and more. I love all the features, although I'm still learning them. It was pouring rain on our three + hour trip home and I had my husband drive most of the way home in the dark, while I drove our now "old" Taurus. I finally got the courage to drive the last hour and found it so much easier to see and drive in the rain higher up (this is our 1st van). I hadn't mastered the instrument panels yet and my husband had decided to surprise me by putting on the heated seats and automatic temperature control at 78. They work let me tell you, I was dying and yet wasn't sure how to lower the temp and turn off the seats in the dark. I suspect this was secretly his attempt to have the van become "his."

My only complaint was the stereo system and I probably just haven't played enough with the controls to get a good read on it. I had traveled for about 3 hours with my Taurus stereo and when I got in the Honda it did seem a little tin canish. Hopefully my adjustments will help. I'm sure it's also that it's bigger and has some echoes. We'll see.

Bottom line: We love this van and will probably be fighting over it for the next 4 years until we can finance another car!

·
Administrator
14,124 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wmarci2000:
Well the day arrivd 2 months early for us! We picked up our MB EX-L RES on Saturday and we love it. The dealership had told us April 15 to May 15, but someone backed out and it was ours. At first we were a little nervous thinking there might be something wrong with it, but it checked out perfect to our close inspection. We dealt with Sal there and he was very professional and well informed, except about the RES system. Although he says they are allotted many RES's a month, he wasn't sure of how to do much on it. We got it running which is all that was important (the DVD that comes along with it is your best guide). They gave us -500 MSRP + mudguards and a cargo tray and didn't play with any numbers when we were there. Financed at 5.39%! They did try to sell us the Hendrick Honda Maintenance package, but didn't push too hard. Curiously, they didn't even mention the Honda extended warrenty. We weren't interested in getting it, but I was surprised they didn't push it.

As for the van, it's everything we expected and more. I love all the features, although I'm still learning them. It was pouring rain on our three + hour trip home and I had my husband drive most of the way home in the dark, while I drove our now "old" Taurus. I finally got the courage to drive the last hour and found it so much easier to see and drive in the rain higher up (this is our 1st van). I hadn't mastered the instrument panels yet and my husband had decided to surprise me by putting on the heated seats and automatic temperature control at 78. They work let me tell you, I was dying and yet wasn't sure how to lower the temp and turn off the seats in the dark. I suspect this was secretly his attempt to have the van become "his."

My only complaint was the stereo system and I probably just haven't played enough with the controls to get a good read on it. I had traveled for about 3 hours with my Taurus stereo and when I got in the Honda it did seem a little tin canish. Hopefully my adjustments will help. I'm sure it's also that it's bigger and has some echoes. We'll see.

Bottom line: We love this van and will probably be fighting over it for the next 4 years until we can finance another car!
</font>
Congratulations.

Now, what about your non-refundable deposit with the dealer in Raleigh? Did you get it back?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by piyush:
Congratulations.

Now, what about your non-refundable deposit with the dealer in Raleigh? Did you get it back?
</font>
Ther nonrefundable deposit was actually from this dealership in Charlotte. So it worked out OK, as I paid for my credit card the same day we picked up the van! It worked out fine for us, but I would caution anyone that is leaving a deposit to have conditions written out on the purchase order. Apparently it wasn't necessary in this case and things actually went better than I had planned. Thanks for asking piyosh!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Glad to hear the someone has received decent service from a Hendricks Automotive Group Honda store.

I would not darken the door of the one in the Atlanta area again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts