Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Club Ody,

Anyone done or know of how to improve the night illumination for the backup-camera? I haven't been able to locate the light source that the camera uses. I'm wondering if I could get better results with LED or HID replacements if possible.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Try this:

894 bulb modification for better backup light performance

If that's not enough, this might work:

Floodlights on the trailer hitch

I've got the floodlights, just haven't had time to do that project since I was busy with my Bixenon HID retro on our 2003, and the 20002 is next, time permitting.

HID is a no-go. Takes too long to warm up and get to operating brightness for the short amount of time you are using them while backing up.

OF

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. Floodlights would definently do the trick but seems too much work to run a wire all the back to the battery!Bulb modification would work but do you have any thoughts about LEDS? Would these do anything in your opinion?2011 Honda Odyssey LEDsExterior LED Bulbs - Back-Up LEDAlso, it's an Element forum but the bulbs are exactly the same? Just want to make sure.Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi there~!

Can you take up close shot(s) of the back-up camera???
I might add my own back camera if fit same slot....

TIA!!!!

Club Ody,

Anyone done or know of how to improve the night illumination for the backup-camera? I haven't been able to locate the light source that the camera uses. I'm wondering if I could get better results with LED or HID replacements if possible.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I always turn the display on daylight mode when im using it to back up. The difference is amazing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
also, when in reverse, you can turn the interface dial to adjust the brightness of the display (at least I can on ours equipped with navigation).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the backup camera provide its own light source? I thought it was the reverse light and stop lights that do it but wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
also, when in reverse, you can turn the interface dial to adjust the brightness of the display (at least I can on ours equipped with navigation).
Same in the EX-L without navigation

I thought it was the reverse light and stop lights that do it but wanted to make sure.
Yes, the reverse lights and the brake lights are the ones you see when backing up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought so Bigboat but thanks for the confirmation. I'm going to try to put in some giant LED replacements and see how it all turns out. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts