Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the pictures of the 2002 I was inspired to install a DVD in the dash. I took out the storage compartement and looked at the room available. There is only four inches of clearance. This is not enough for any of the dvd players currently on the market. Panasonic has a nice unit that replaces the factory head unit however it is $1000 not very economical. I purchased the Boss 4000 unit at Ubid for $200. This unit is outstanding. I have installed it under the front passanger seat facing the rear. (I still have the storage bin) If I could not have the unit in the dash I wanted the rear passangers to be able to use it easily. At the same time I installed a clarion modulator from crutchfield. The sound is great! Will post pictures soon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rollie66:
I purchased the Boss 4000 unit at Ubid for $200. This unit is outstanding. I have installed it under the front passanger seat facing the rear. </font>
I'm glad to hear that you like the Boss 4000. I'm expecting mine to be delivered tomorrow. I haven't heard much about the Jensen lately. Any recent buyers?

------------------
Warren - '01 GG EX

·
Registered
59 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
OT: Sup warrenh ? Looks like we're neighbors. Millbrae here. Work in SSF. See you around !

</font>
You're probably the closest to me from this Forum. From Saratoga but work in Santa Clara. Maybe I'll see your "Lagreat" on 101 or 280.

Maybe the "South SF Bay Area" is a bit confusing?

------------------
Warren - '01 GG EX

[This message has been edited by warrenh (edited 08-07-2001).]

·
Registered
579 Posts
I like the Panasonic a lot better. The front passenger and rear passengers will have access to same LCD. It look very clean and it fit right in the dash. I am look forward to get one soon. Can we have a Dolby Digital Surround sound in the car? To watch a movie without it; it doesn't sound right without it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The panosonic is my favorite as well however there is a $600 price difference for no difference in functionality only an indash install

1 - 6 of 6 Posts