Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a phone call from dealer telling me that my 02 SS EX is in transit! I should have it about Sept. 10.

P

·
0 Posts
Hope our RP EXL-RES is on its way too!

You lucky duck.

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where are the factories that make the Odysseys in the US?
I'm in NH and wondering about the extra delivery time.

thanks
Steve

------------------
Steve

2002 Red Ody EX on order.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The new plant in Lincoln, Alabama is in preproduction and worker training right now. Will probably start rolling them out for real in December.

·
Registered
8 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sa9651:
Just got a phone call from dealer telling me that my 02 SS EX is in transit! I should have it about Sept. 10. </font>
Have you already received the VIN?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got my VIN today!
Dealer said it should take 7-10 days to deliver (gotta be put on a train, then loaded onto a truck, then delivered to the dealer).

Now I just hope I am happy with Granite Green instead of Emerald Pearl (dealer screwed up the order).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't received vin number yet. Salesperson says Tues. is the day all final info will be available. Will post when I get "final info." He does say that this will be their first '02 to be delivered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got notified my SS-LX is en route. Haven't been able to verify yet, but my sales rep gave me the following web site to track delivery. www.bnsf.com - use the tracking tools and the last 8 of the VIN to get status on delivery. Est del date from dealer is 10 days to San Antonio.

·
Registered
205 Posts
We just popped in our our dealer today to see if he had a VIN and he just had gotten it today. So wee did the paperwork on our MB [email protected] MSRP. The dealer said it is already in Houston and sitting in a rail port,but due to the flooding this week, they are behind on deliveries. It will be in our hands Tue or Wed of this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess I better go buy some DVD's.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That tracking tool is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing it. Found out my dealer was full of #%#$%. The van ISNT in a rail yard, but on a rail car nontheless.

·
Registered
205 Posts
One more tidbit on that tracking tool. This morning I looked at the ETA-it was this Friday in Houston, 6 hours later I was just curious to see where the train was going from Kansas and the ETA has CHANGED to this Tuesday!!! This is just one more example of people on this board knowing something the dealer has no clue about. For those of you whose cars on being shipping on Burlington Sante Fe-this thing is awesome.

·
Registered
56 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blakeinhou:
For those of you whose cars on being shipping on Burlington Sante Fe-this thing is awesome.</font>
Well, no luck for me. With the last 8-digits of my VIN, it says "Not found".

Just curious, what are the last 6 digits of your VIN? Mine are 500250. I think that means it was the 250th vehicle produced on at the Ontario plant.

-- Todd

P

·
0 Posts
Still no VIN or ETA here. *sniff*

I'm envious. We're fist on the list with an EXL-RES, so I sure hope our van is on its way! I'm gonna have my step dad call later this week and give the fleet manager a piece of MY mind! lol!

What kind of ETA dates is everyone expecting?

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
205 Posts
did you find the track by VIN spot and check that box? mine is 501008-so who knows what the numbers mean.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blakeinhou:
...so who knows what the numbers mean.</font>
I just checked the Helm manual (2001 version). Assuming the same scheme, which is quite likely, the 5xxxxx indicates a US model, 0xxxxx indicates a Canadian model. The last 6 digits are the serial number. Thus, 500250 is likely to be 250th vehicle, 501008 the 1008th, etc.

·
Registered
205 Posts
wow-that means they cranked out at least 1008 vans during the first week or so of production.

------------------
2002 MB EXL-RES

1 - 20 of 31 Posts