Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any input/memory on this beyond mere speculation? Is it typical for Honda to continue or even enrich the dealer incentive money for an outgoing model like the Ody? The current 1500 on the hood expires 7/6, but even my friend a Honda used car sales manager says they'll be another program on its heels. I wonder if past practice with Ody or other models suggests an increase at this time, or if insiders here have details already. When the 08s came out, Honda put 2000 (or more?) on the 07 inventory, and the 2011 is coming in a bit. . .
TIA.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
It will all depend on the inventory levels when Honda is ready to introduce the 11. Last year in July, Honda reduced the amount of marketing support on the 09s. I don't remember the exact numbers, but if I would have waited another week to buy mine, the price would have increased by $500 or $1,000.

That being said, I have noticed that the current inventory levels (at least at my local dealers) for the 10 Ody seems to be pretty low. I'm sure the will be another program....but it's tough to say if it will be the same $, better or worse.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
One dealer isn't a very good example of the market. I don't have my subscription to Automotive News anymore (they give number of days inventory by model....) but last public article said Honda truck sales were tight and that was back in April. The comment was that inventory was staying tight mainly due to incentives...so I doubt they will cut them much. At that time the truck division (Ridgeline, Odyssey, Pilot, CRV, Elemtn, Crosstour) had a 42 day supply. I would be VERY surprised if the Odyssey was that low given the market but assume it does. 42 day supply would be about right to run-out of supply just as the new model arrives....so I would think the incentives won't move. If the Ody actually has a higher supply...they may bump the incentive in the preceeding month or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts