Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys...found a used one at a honda dealer ....it is certified but CARFAX reports inconsistent reading....not sure if it clerical error or not....anyway to make sure dealer is not giving me a bad one...? I want to buy the car tomorrow and of course the dealer will say....it is not a problem when I show up....anyway to find if the dealer is lying or not?

In Jan 2010, it had 40691 miles and in August 2010, it had 39142 miles...not sure what's going on...

·
Super Moderator
13,642 Posts
That looks like a typo in Jan 2010. It is very plausible that the real number was 30691 and the Oddy was driven 9K miles from Jan to Aug.

Shops incorrectly entering the odometer miles when they do the service is not unheard of.

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
Ask if the van was serviced at that dealer. If so, its service records will be in their computer where you can track its mileage.

In any case, nobody is going to bother or risk rolling back an odometer in the 50's. The inconsistency is almost for sure a clerical error.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ask dealer to get it corrected from CarFax. One of my friend's car had same issue and he followed up with Carfax and got it cleared.

It will help you at the time of resale.

--
MC1973

1 - 5 of 5 Posts