Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Ody EX-L:
I found a set of brand new take off Elite wheels ($600 and included TPMS). Going to run Blizzaks on my Factory 18” and throw Michelin (probably pilot sports) on the 19”). Anyways, my question is will increasing from an 18” to a 19” mess up my speedo and onboard MPG calculators? If so, can the dealer reflash the computer?

I know lots of people are making similar changes but I’ve never seen any talk about this

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
As long as you stick to the original tire size specified by Honda, there won't be any difference in overall circumference and your speedometer will remain accurate.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Thx CroMath.
So, 235/60/18 has the same overall circumstance as 235/55/19?
The overall circumferences of each tire are within a quarter inch of each other (91.4 inches for the 18s vs 91.6 inches for the 19s). They aren't mathematically exactly equal but you can very safely consider them the same. You will never be able to tell the difference on your speedometer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Input your tire sizes into this online site to see exactly what the difference is between the two sizes. It will show sidewall height, tire height, tire rpm, width, and an exact speed readout at various odometer speed readings.

Tire Size Comparisons

1 - 5 of 5 Posts