157 Posts
Count me in!!! These are cool!

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just put in my request for the Ody. Also, I'm going to tell my dealer about the firm. This is one mod, IMHO, that would add some zip to an otherwise bland cluster.

Hopefully, others will put in requests (what the heck, it doesn't cost anything to ask!).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just tryin' to keep this "puny" thread alive!!

It would be EXTREMELY helpful if a large number of you that were even *slightly* interested would log onto www.speedhut.com website, click on "EL Dials", then click on "[Dude] Where's my car?", then take 5 seconds to express interest in an Odyssey Gauge. There is absolutely no obligation to buy. My feeling is that they will only design one for the Ody if they perceive a decent demand . . . Civic is the only one currently offered in Honda. I would expect the standard price to be $139 (maybe less for a group buy).

It is interesting that they are highly "customizable" and even allow you to put 2 separate lines of customized text. Font selection, redline color and length, background color or graphics, etc can also be customized.

You have to see it to believe it. I understand that the installation is fairly straight forward and reasonably documented.

Let's see if the "power" of the odyclub team can convice them to develop one for the Ody !!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

[This message has been edited by Man314 (edited 10-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Man314 (edited 10-16-2001).]

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Man314, I totally agree with you. They do some very nice stuff, and the price is fairly low too.

Anyway I contacted them several times, and each time a different person responded, with the same information. They just told me to check their website for the prices. But the Ody aren't even on there...

I am determind to get a firm answer out of them though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Man314...DONE! Those are cool.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Anyone think it's worth expanding our plea to other boards (Edmunds, Yahoo, etc.)? Or are most of those folks already members of the OC?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah! Now we have the ball rollin'!! Hey why not spread the word to other boards!! The more people that respond, the better chance they will design ours!!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanx Homer!!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Registered
157 Posts
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 6:18 PM

Any projection on when we can see gauges for the Honda Odyssey? As popular as they are and with a second plant coming on line this year, there could be some pretty decent demand for your product. Pls let me know.

Here we go, straight from an e-mail from Speedhut.com:

"We have no projections as of now. We have just started getting inquiries about doing the Odyssey. We have quite a few cars we are currently work on. The more "Screaming" we hear the higher up our list the car would go. It is really a demand issue.

On the other hand If you can get a group of people together (12-15) that were willing to pre-buy (all on one order- meaning all pay at once) I might be able to talk them into pulling an engineer to work on it but that is really the only way I could talk Sales into moving it up on the list. (Just an Idea)

Sorry I don't have any better news. Check back in a few months you never know what will happen.

Thanks for the interest,

Matt

Customer Service
Speedhut, Inc."

Surely we have 15 of our 1100+ members who would be interested in these Indiglo Gauges!! I'll put a separate post in "group buy" section. Please repost there if you are interested in a group buy.

A "parallel option" is to create demand by flooding speedhut with requests. This may urge them to get a designer on it ahead of other vehicle requests.

C'mon, lets not get "beat" by the fordprobe.com car club!! They have 5 gauges available!!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Registered
157 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Man314:
Yeah! Now we have the ball rollin'!! Hey why not spread the word to other boards!! The more people that respond, the better chance they will design ours!!
</font>
Test

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I just wrote 'em.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts