Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, I can start new threads but can't add to existing ones!! This post refers to the following thread:
http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000295.html

I sent the following e-mail to www.speedhut.com :

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 6:18 PM

Any projection on when we can see gauges for the Honda Odyssey? As popular as they are and with a second plant coming on line this year, there could be some pretty decent demand for your product. Pls let me know.

Here is their response:

We have no projections as of now. We have just started getting inquiries about doing the Odyssey. We have quite a few cars we are currently work on. The more "Screaming" we hear the higher up our list the car would go. It is really a demand issue.

On the other hand If you can get a group of people together (12-15) that were willing to pre-buy (all on one order- meaning all pay at once) I might be able to talk them into pulling an engineer to work on it but that is really the only way I could talk Sales into moving it up on the list. (Just an Idea)

Sorry I don't have any better news. Check back in a few months you never know what will happen.

Thanks for the interest,

Matt

Customer Service
Speedhut, Inc.

Now I know we have at least 15 our of our 1100+ members that would be interested in having these nice gauges!! I'll put a separate post in the "group buy" section. Pls post there if you are interested and e-mail me separately at [email protected]

In a parallel action, I'd like to encourage more of you to go to the web site and give them some feedback. It looks like they have recognized the few of us who have responded. Who knows, if they get more response, they might move our vehicle up in the design que!!

C'mon guys, the fordprobe.com group has 5 gauges to choose from!! I'm sure that with the "power" of odyclub.com, we can generate enough demand to get their attention!!

Here's hoping we can all get a custom Indiglo gauge in our stockings in time for Christmas!!

Mark

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

[This message has been edited by Man314 (edited 10-19-2001).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Man314:
...I can start new threads but can't add to existing ones!! </font>
Are you clicking on Edit rather than Reply?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm hitting "post reply." Sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't.

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I know we have at least 15 our of our 1100+ members that would be interested in having these nice gauges!! I'll put a separate post in the "group buy" section. Pls post there if you are interested and e-mail me separately at [email protected]

</font>
We have Homer and myself on board. DDakRT, jarcher, & tomhan have all expressed some past interest. Pls officially post to Group Buy section if you three want in. If all five of us are in, we only need 7 - 10 more.

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to sound like a salesman for Speedhut, but . . .

Did you know that you can select from several background colors??

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still lookin' for more folks!!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty sure the "AMC_Pacer.com" web community could get more takers than we are getting for this group buy!!

If installation scare you, it actually looks pretty easy! Autotoys.com has instructions & pictures. Also look here:
http://windsrprk.home.mindspring.com/how-to.html#indiglo

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you know that you can select your own font style & color????

DDakRT & tomhan . . . you guys in on this??

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutley Homer! And if you buy now, we'll throw in a set of Ginsu knives for only $49.95!!!!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Registered
207 Posts
Absolutley Homer! And if you buy now, we'll throw in a set of Ginsu knives for only $49.95!!!!</font>
Okay, wait. I get the Speedhut gauges (in my choice of font style AND color) PLUS the Ginsu knives for only $49.95? What a deal....BUT is there STILL more???????

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, alright, maybe I made up the part about the Ginsu knives . . . but did you know that each person can have 2 different lines of custom text printed on your gauges??

How about the following:

Super Ody
Ody One Canobie
Odyclub.com
Zoom Zoom Zoom!!
My wife is now driving the OTHER Car!
I only waited 3 months!

The sky is the limit . . . be creative! Sign up now in the Group Buy section!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oops!! Did I bump this to the top of the list again??

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just one "last ditch effort" to see if there are any more people interested in this group buy before it sinks into the oblivion of "archived posts!"

We have 4 on board and a couple more who have expressed some interest, but not posted to group buy or sent me their e-mails. Far short of our 12-15 people total that are required to get the Speedhut engineers working on our project. Those who have posted to other sites, have you seen any interest there?

Just out of curiosity, what is the biggest factor in not wanting to do this mod?

- Cost?
- Installation difficulty?
- No interest/improvement in the looks of the new gauge faces?
- Other reasons?

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Q: Just out of curiosity, what is the biggest factor in not wanting to do this mod?

- Cost?
- Installation difficulty?
- No interest/improvement in the looks of the new gauge faces?
- Other reasons?
</font>
A: Cost and Installation difficulty.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Still pondering if I really want it. Installation appears not be a factor. It's the wife's car and she prefers I not mess with stuff like that. Decision soon!

·
Registered
207 Posts
No responses on Edmunds or Yahoo but the only request was to visit the Speedhut site and express an interest.

For the money (I'll say it again), this is a great mod. It seemingly would make the Ody gauges look as good as, or even better than, those in the T&C (which is one of the very few things I like about the latter).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Homer,
Go ahead and post my e-mail address & info on the other sites. I'll collect any responses & see if we can get the numbers we need.

What happened to DDakRT? He was one of the ones originally interested!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV

1 - 20 of 38 Posts