Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any indiglo gauges available with lights that "run up", for instance with RPM or MPH?

Some guy at a local speed shop told me these are the new indiglos. I haven't seen them.

If they're out there, they might look pretty cool. I would probably get them even if I could only get Accords.

Another question. Even with regular indiglos, is it necessary to get the Accord V-6 for the Odyssey? What is the difference between the V-6 and I4 gauges?

------------------
Lorax
'01 SS EX-Navi
Leather Interior, Wings West Kit and lots of other mods.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lorax:
What is the difference between the V-6 and I4 gauges?
</font>
I beleive the redline is different in the tach. Not sure if there's a difference in the speedo.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX "Lagreat"
http://www.fototime.com/inv/46E6936F1F9A447

·
1,484 Posts
Odyssey's peak at 140mph while the Accord's go past 140. The difference between the I4 and V6 is the position of the whole where the speedo needle rests.

I've heard the I4 gauges will fit on the Odyssey but the speed will be off.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about lights that "run up"? I thought the indiglos just have a single lighted sheet (which may be dimmed or altered in color in some cases).

Making lights that "run up" would seem to require a second hook up to the tach or mph signal.

------------------
Lorax
'01 SS EX-Navi

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes, also there will be a need for a computer to read the tach and then turn on the signal if you will.

As for the resting locations and more info on installation of the indiglos, see our complete article on 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder indiglos here. We did this about 2 years ago when everyone was scratching their head wondering why the indiglos in the 6th Gen Accords didnt fit (this included a company with three letters with the alphabet A..) and all the other companies that made indiglos at the time. No one had any idea why it didnt fit since the indiglos came from one supplier and what seems like one template. Funny how after we wrote the article, kits for V6 came out.

http://www.autotoys.com/New_Tech/DIY_2000/Indiglo_Accord_Kit/indiglo_accord_kit.htm

------------------

Here to help

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
toyman,

I guess this means that you don't know of any gauges currently available that have lights that "run up"? If they're out there somewhere, I'd like to get some.

------------------
Lorax
'01 SS EX-Navi

·
Registered
148 Posts
No, I have not seen it. If it is available, I would have been introduced to them already. It would also require an external device to intepret the signal. Some vehicles have some weak tach signals. This may make the kit very expensive.

Who knows, anything is possible.

------------------

Here to help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts