Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share the relatively easy integrated bluetooth kit I installed on my 2005 Odyssey.

I mounted a Motorola T215 bluetooth speaker inside the drivers headliner handle. This unit fits perfectly within the handle. Furthermore, this location is great because it's directly above the driver's head so sound quality is great and it's easy to run power without cutting the headliner or drilling any holes.

Take a look at the pics. This was a fast and inexpensive way to install handsfree Bluetooth in my van.

[/url] CIMG2468 by kahluver, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url] CIMG2467 by kahluver, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Interesting. What power wires did you tap into in that area? Do you have some "during installation" photos?

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry no installation photos.

For power, I simply ran a long USB cable from the Motorola (micro USB) to the cigarette lighter. The cord runs under the rubber seal that surrounds the driver's door, behind the dash and under the center console to the lighter.

I tried splicing a hard wire to the power wires to the cig lighter however I decided against it since it was becoming a pain to splice power wires to the USB cable. In addition I would have had to step-down the voltage from 12V to 5V for the USB.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the explanation!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts