Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after picking up engine noise with my Pioneer 1695's I have been told to add in one of those inline filters to the stereo, can anyone tell me which wire it should be connected to in the back of the stereo.

Thanks

Allen

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Allen,
Did you change your speakers only or also the head unit ? Hmmmmm.....I 've changed tons of speakers on all my past and present cars and never had any engine noise.Now if you changed the head unit,one reason could be a bad ground.
That's all I can think of right now. Anyone else ?

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by a_wlee:
after picking up engine noise with my Pioneer 1695's I have been told to add in one of those inline filters to the stereo, can anyone tell me which wire it should be connected to in the back of the stereo.

Thanks

Allen
</font>
To answer your question, the yellow wire. That's main power to the head unit. But....

If you have JUST a factory head unit, you should take it back to the dealer; they should replace the radio and/or troubleshoot your problem. Just replacing speakers should not result in noise problems.

If you went aftermarket, may I ask what else you have installed besides speakers? Factory head unit with outboard amp? Just a new head unit? Aftermarket head unit and amp? What make/brand? My experience is that most problems are the result of ground loops.

If you want more help troubleshooting your noise problem here, I'm glad to help, just give me more info on your system.

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

[This message has been edited by shindog (edited 12-20-2001).]

·
Registered
60 Posts
shindog is right about ground loops. If you replaced the head unit and it sounds like you did or added an amp, all the electronics should have their ground wires tied to a single point on the frame. Better yet, tie them to the negative post on the battery. That might be a bit difficult but it's the best spot to avoid ignition noise.

Scott

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the info, I only have the stock head and 6 disc in-dash changer. The only piece I have changed is the speakers in the front!!

Allen

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shindog:
To answer your question, the yellow wire. That's main power to the head unit. But....

If you have JUST a factory head unit, you should take it back to the dealer; they should replace the radio and/or troubleshoot your problem. Just replacing speakers should not result in noise problems.

If you went aftermarket, may I ask what else you have installed besides speakers? Factory head unit with outboard amp? Just a new head unit? Aftermarket head unit and amp? What make/brand? My experience is that most problems are the result of ground loops.

If you want more help troubleshooting your noise problem here, I'm glad to help, just give me more info on your system.

</font>
Only the speakers were changed!!
Nothing else
Allen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts