Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I just recently purchased a set for my 2004 and though I only have 4K miles on them 3K miles of it was during a road trip which saw highway, gravel, dirt, city roads, back country roads and speeds as high as 85mph on the freeway.

I purchased them from tirerack and had to get two of them replaced from the get go due to the fact they where out of round but tirerack made it painless. My previous tires where Michelin Premiers which I loved so I will compare the generals to them.

The generals are slightly noisier than the Michelins and don't handle as well either. Handling: Doesn't feel as connected to the road, and when pushed it doesn't feel as secure. Emergency braking (In San Francisco) the tires seemed to bring the van to a stop in a similar distance to the Michelins. With the Michelins I couldn't really tell a difference between 60 mph and 85 mph but with the generals I can defiantly tell a difference between these speeds. Noise increases significantly and the van feels more disconnected and feels bit more like its floating. Overall though I am impressed. The generals are significantly cheaper than the Michelins and they perform slightly below what I would rate the Michelins but not enough so to warrant the price difference. Only time will tell how well they hold up.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Just an update. I now have 15,000 miles on these tires and my impression of them are only getting better. I just got back from a 3K mile trip to Yellowstone where I was greeted with an inch of snow on the first day of summer and plenty of rain. The tires did great in the light snow and handled the rain-soaked roads very well. The tires felt stable at 90MPH through Montana and road noise though slightly higher than my old michelins is very acceptable. I still think the Michelins have a slight edge as far as handling is concerned, they just felt more connected to the road. The generals have never felt unstable when pushed, just not as connected and confidence inspiring.

They are wearing nicely at 15K miles with the tires being rotated every 5K miles. I am confident that these tires will hit 65K miles without any problems.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts