Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Odyssey 2019 Canadian model. I bought winter tires with rims at a Honda dealership and rims had TPMS sensors. I just changed to summer tires on yesterday at the dealership and they charged extra 20 CAD for TPMS sensors calibration. my questions are:
1/ Do they need to calibrate every time for changeover from winter to summer tires and vice versa?
2/ If I change over tires at home, how can i calibrate TPMS sensors?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,510 Posts
There is no calibrating needed when switching from one set to another.

Reactions: unlock42 and gsba

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
serega12
He's right, there is no calibration needed to be done swapping over summer to winter tires/rims. I think they just sucked money out of your pockets.

·
Registered
2018 EX
2,264 Posts
Some TPMS sensors need calibration but I believe the Ody ones do that automatically after driving a few miles. A dealer can likely scan the TPMS sensors to make sure they're working. Perhaps that's why you were charged the extra $20. Still seems like a cash grab if you ask me. The scan probably takes 30 seconds and is probably done through a wireless connection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some TPMS sensors need calibration but I believe the Ody ones do that automatically after driving a few miles. A dealer can likely scan the TPMS sensors to make sure they're working. Perhaps that's why you were charged the extra $20. Still seems like a cash grab if you ask me. The scan probably takes 30 seconds and is probably done through a wireless connection.
They did the changeover 3 times and this is the 1st time they charged me. A technician told me that it needs to be performed every time with a special tool and I can not calibrate by my self. I also did 1 time from winter to summer tires without any alarm.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,510 Posts
That's something to casually bring up to the service manager next time you're in.

Reactions: Vietbinh704

·
Registered
2018 EX
2,264 Posts
Agreed. It still sounds fishy to me. These dealers will do anything to increase their revenue stream, which is fine so long as it's an honest service task.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts