Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share a video I just made about a project I've been working on lately. Winter's coming and I wanted to install TPMS sensors in my winter tires for my 2009 Odyssey EX-L. The cost from tire shops and the dealer are ridiculous, so I decided to tackle it myself. I found programmable TPMS sensors for ~$30 online, and the programmer for ~$55. That's from China mind you, so they take some time to arrive. You'll probably pay more if you find a North American distributor.

I can confirm that these sensor do work since I had to replace one of the OEM ones in my all-season after the valve stem broke. That one is installed and working with no complaints from the TPMS system.

This video just covers cloning the OEM ones in my all-seasons, but I'll be making another one soon about installing them myself (basically, break the bead on the valve-side of the tire only and reaching in to change it - it's difficult, but I've done it once already).

Links to the products are in the description to the video.

Sorry if my voice is boring. I haven't figured out how to be entertaining. But I hope it helps someone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If anyone's interested, I found a place who'll program TPMS' if you have the TPMS ID's. Won't have to even buy the programmer. All I did was get the TPMS ID's from a local tire shop, then emailed the TPMS ID's to them, they cloned the ID's onto the new TPMS' and it was done! I paid $160US shipped for all 4 sensors. If anyone's interested, feel free to drop me a PM and I can pass on this info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sent an email to the folks at clonemytpms.com, and they have reinstated their "FORUM" discount. Enter "FORUM" at checkout to save $30 off any purchase over $199.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks! I used the same sensor and programmer today to replace the first of my originals on a 2007 to go dead. Worked like a champ and the TMPS light is gone. As the others TPMS sensors die (battery), I will order more and repeat or I may just do the other three when I need new tires. I already have the IDs of the other three since the programmer can read them through the tire. So I can have the clones sensors ready. It does take a while to ship from China (I used Aliexpress) so plan ahead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Cybersaga. Fantastic info and tutorial. I was looking at the AliExpress adds for these and it was very unclear how the products functioned. Your tutorials completely answered all my questions. You’ve saved me a ton of time and frustration. Much appreciated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts