Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an In-Dash 6 Disc CD Changer from Dalts Honda for $235 CDN but there are no instructions for the installation. I've heard it is relatively easy DIY but would still like some help. Does anyone know where I could get step by step instructions?
2001 SS LX Canadian Edition

·
Registered
368 Posts
installation instructions are available on the handaaccessories.com website.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Canodyssey:
Hey a fellow Albertan! I installed my changer in about 20 min using the instructions from Handa. Those guys at Dalts saved me alot of money.

You also might want to check out Chucks site:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/E5EF2F60BF78337

He has a 2001 and is the modding king.

</font>
Aw, you embarrass me. Thanks, but as much as I'd like to accept the promotion, I have to defer to nemogira (Nestor) as the modding king. The most I could be would be a lowly prince. Anyone who'd attempt to convert a non-NAVI to a NAVI deserves some kinda title and the "modding king" is as good as any. Rock on, Nestor!

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I wonder why the parts in Canada is always cheaper than in the States.
The in-dash CD changer from Handa cost US$299. I think I am going to buy from Dalts Honda in Canada instead. Does Dalts Honda sell parts online?
Also, anyone has any idea why this CD changer bought in Canada will not be compatible with the van bought in U.S. ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Parts are not usually cheaper in Canada. ($465 cad for tranny cooler etc.)

Honda has an over supply of the 6 disc changers and is suppling them to dealers at a super low price. Dalts is passing these on to their customers with very little mark-up although they could charge alot more. (GO Dalts!)
Handa may have purchased their changers at a time when Honda was charging alot more for them.

------------------
Edmonton, Alberta
2001 Fern LX

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just installed my 6 CD changer tonight.
It was a piece of cake. Follow the instructions, and if it should not take over half an hour.
Also, it is really nice to have six disk at your finger tips.

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thulchatt:
I just installed my 6 CD changer tonight.
It was a piece of cake. Follow the instructions, and if it should not take over half an hour.
Also, it is really nice to have six disk at your finger tips.
</font>

Aint it da truth!

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
Aw, you embarrass me. Thanks, but as much as I'd like to accept the promotion, I have to defer to nemogira (Nestor) as the modding king. The most I could be would be a lowly prince. Anyone who'd attempt to convert a non-NAVI to a NAVI deserves some kinda title and the "modding king" is as good as any. Rock on, Nestor!

</font>
Thanks Chuck! In my book you are the reigning 2001 Mod King. I am the 2000. I wonder who's next in line for 2002?

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just finished installing the 6 Disc CD Changer...finally. After I figured out how to get the dash apart the rest was a piece of cake. Works great...thanks for the great information everyone.

'01 SS LX

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the single disc am/fm stereo receiver right now - the one that comes standard on an EX. Will I still be able to use the single in-dash slot if I add the 6 disc changer? I can see how to switch to one of the 6 discs in the changer, but what button would you press to use the in-dash single cd slot? Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tuvo - no worries, yes you can use the single CD player in the main deck.

Pressing the "CD" button on the main deck toggles you between the main CD and whichever CD has been selected on the 6 disc changer.

The only shortfall I have found - you cannot random play across ALL DISCS simultaneously, but you can random play each single CD (all 7)

[This message has been edited by PD55 (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, even car is cheaper in Canada

i picked up my in-dash cd changer for $130 CAN brand new right from Honda Dealer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts