Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....and my 6.5 Orion midbass.

First the flip-down screen. Pretty easy install. The hardest part to me was threading the video cable through the headliner. I don't know about the others here who have done it but that was a pain in the b_tt ! That headliner has so much padding,etc.I actually wired this hot to the battery with 2 in-line fuses.The monitor has an on/off switch so I'm not worried about accidentally leaving it on.Size wize, I'm happy with the 5.6 .Any larger and it might get in the way of the rearview mirror.
The PS2 is powered by a Tripplite converter.Both located under the driver's seat.I just need to figure out a way to hold both down (the PS2 temporarily).Tripplite plugged into the front aux power outlet where I installed a twin outlet adapter.PS2 now has the Sony DVD remote and software downloaded to the memory card. Nice remote. Has all(and more) the features of a home DVD.
Performance is great. Screen has only 2 dead pixels which really doesn't bother me since they are so small. Quality is pretty good although I've never really looked at other RES screens.Went for a drive to look at Christmas lights tonight and the PS2 never skipped a beat.The only thing I don't like is the re-setting of the whole system after every removal of the keys. But only a minor inconvenience. Audio is connected via a cassette adapter from my Discman.
Next the Orion speakers.Door mounted. Pretty straightforward. Just had to cut-off more than the rainshield.A bit past the mounting holes of the stock speakers.These speakers are nice and shallow. Speakers grills fit perfectly on them. I was planning on adding my amp and crossover but after just listening to the system without amp/crossover, it sounds real nice. Got LOTS of bass now and still have the highs from my Polk tweeters.These speakers can pump it out.
Just one audio problem: ignition interference/whine when the PS2 DVD is playing. Any suggestions ? Better quality cables,adapters, ?
All in all a great afternoon of mods.My daughter nixed the Christmas lights tonight and just watched Snow White !
I'll post pics on my album soon (Sorry no step-by-step pics.I knew I wouldn't feel like taking pics while working).

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

[This message has been edited by hachiroku (edited 12-15-2001).]

·
Registered
254 Posts
i had to upgrade my wires and i used a notebook 75w inverter which gave me much cleaner power than the 300w inverter i bought from the auto parts store. also, i played around with how the wires were placed and hidden, and made some adjustments after test driving.

------------------
2000 lx fern grey with mods

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Sweet Rob!
Nice pics!
Congrats on getting your system installed! Looks great!

Anyhow, one other thing to add about the noise problem.... Since you are using a cassette adaptor, I'd think you have more ground/power related issues... Do move the cassette adaptor's cable to check that, but I imagine you'll find you need to improve the power input to the inverter. Those aux "lighter plug" sockets usually have very poor grounds for audio use. Redo the ground and/or use an in-line noise filter for your inverter, and that should help alot.

Just some thoughts...

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

[This message has been edited by shindog (edited 12-17-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Ok, that's it. I'm jealous now.

I bought the remote for my PS2 last week. Time to get a screen and inverter, eh?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shindog:

Anyhow, one other thing to add about the noise problem.... Since you are using a cassette adaptor, I'd think you have more ground/power related issues... Do move the cassette adaptor's cable to check that, but I imagine you'll find you need to improve the power input to the inverter. Those aux "lighter plug" sockets usually have very poor grounds for audio use. Redo the ground and/or use an in-line noise filter for your inverter, and that should help alot.

Just some thoughts...

</font>
Thanks for the added advice,Shinjohn. I'll check in on that this week.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts