Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see much difference in sound between factory speakers and Pioneer TS-A1655.
why? why ? why?
is it because i had to cut rain shield(as TS-A1665 depth is more)?
I have no clue.. may be my ears not differentiating the accoustics..

pl clarify what went wrong.. I got them from Sears.

thanxxxxxxxxxx

2002-EX-L-RES
added: Wind deflector,fenderwell trims, wheel locks, licence plate frame, splashguards, cargo bin, cargo mat, door edges,key-chains etc etc and Pioneer TS-A1665

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you install 1655 or 1665? Your message refers to both. I agree, there really isn't much difference going from stock to the 1665, and I've posted about this before (check the archives). Tonally they are very similar except in the high end (where the 1665 delivers far too much IMO). Very disapointing. I don't think there is anything you can do about it except to try different speakers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wonder if the 2002 model have better sounding factory speakers than the older models (1999~2001)? Maybe this is why you couldn't tell the difference on Pioneer speakers? I am thinking about upgrading my 2002 speakers also. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
King, Pioneer 1695's have been a popular replacement. There is a monster thread on this on the forum -- also see tech.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts