Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just recently bought a 2012 Touring with 70,000 miles. We are reading all the info since this is our first odyssey.... Well first Honda really. We are wanting to install a muzzler to help prevent costly repairs. I have read that it's not a complete fix but it lessens the symptoms. I did a search about installing this before issues start and didn't find much info. Could you tell me if that is wise? Other question is which is better... Vcm muzzler or S-VCM?? Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
2,051 Posts
We just recently bought a 2012 Touring with 70,000 miles. We are reading all the info since this is our first odyssey.... Well first Honda really. We are wanting to install a muzzler to help prevent costly repairs. I have read that it's not a complete fix but it lessens the symptoms. I did a search about installing this before issues start and didn't find much info. Could you tell me if that is wise? Other question is which is better... Vcm muzzler or S-VCM?? Thanks so much!!
Congratulations on the new ride! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

It's my opinion that you should install a VCM disable device as soon as possible. It really is a complete fix inasmuch as it is a preventative technology; it can't really fix problems that already exist (it can mask some of the symptoms), but it will absolutely prevent anything from progressing beyond its current level. If you have no symptoms of VCM-related wear or damage right now, installing a disable device will ensure that you pretty much never will. The sooner you get it on there, the better it is for your van.

The current state of the art is probably the VCMTuner II, followed closely by S-VCM. They work similarly in terms of shutting down VCM, but the VCMTuner II has some additional maintenance-related functions that are nice to have. If you are starting from scratch (which you are) I'd suggest one of these two. They do cost a bit more than the resistor-based options like the VCMuzzler II and MaxMuzzler, but they have the advantage of being 100% effective at suppressing VCM activations. And whatever you choose is a one-time purchase; all of the more common devices have been shown to be extremely reliable. These things don't tend to break down once they're installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
CHeck this link out....this is the fix I'd recommend. https://www.vcmtuner.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts