Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Installing Gold Emblem Kit & 6 Disc In-Dash Changer

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mach1351must 
#1 ·
Has anyone out there installed their own Gold Emblem Kit or 6 Disc In-Dash CD changer? My 2001 EX will be coming in at the end of the month and I am contemplating whether I should pay the extra $ to the dealer to purchase and install these items or if I should order them on-line and install them myself. For me to purchase these items from the dealer instead of on-line, it will cost me $35 extra for the Gold Emblem Kit and $125 extra for the 6 Disc In-Dash CD changer. Is paying this extra $ worth the headache of installing them both myself? Any advice?

[This message has been edited by becarroll (edited 03-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by becarroll (edited 03-07-2001).]

#2 ·
#3 ·
I just installed a Kenwood 10 disc changer which I got from Autotoys for 259. It was not hard to do. See my write-up in the audio forum.

If you want to install the Honda changer, it will be even easier because it comes with custom fit brackets.

#4 ·
The only reason I didn't install the 6-disc in dash unit myself is because if it breaks (good possibility) or didn't work right, I'd have to take it out and send it back somewhere, reinstall ect...

This way for a few extra bucks it is guaranteed under the warranty and I just drop the car off.

We like the changer a lot though.

I did install the mud flaps and bra myself.

Mac

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.