Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2020 Odyssey and looking to install one of my car seats rear facing on one of the pilot seats. However, I cannot establish a tethering point. Has anyone experienced this before? any photos of a spot to tether would be great. thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. But I still don’t see where the tethering points are located for a rear facing seat. There are tether points on the back of the pilot seats but that’s not where it supposed to go.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,144 Posts
Thanks for that. But I still don’t see where the tethering points are located for a rear facing seat. There are tether points on the back of the pilot seats but that’s not where it supposed to go.
FWIW, I've only installed the LATCH clips when rear facing in captain seats. I don't believe tether is required.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2020 Odyssey and looking to install one of my car seats rear facing on one of the pilot seats. However, I cannot establish a tethering point. Has anyone experienced this before? any photos of a spot to tether would be great. thanks!
Their is 3 different places to go to that will gladly help place your rear facing seat in the second row for you to see and observe. Depending what is close too you.
1. Your local police department. Call ahead to insure someone can assist you, if your luck they may even come to your house to instruct.

2. Fire Department, again call ahead, in case you have a volunteer fire department someone would need to be on site to assist.

3. Honda dealer, almost anyone there could assist you in placement of the seat.

In the Owner's Manual, Odyssey 2020, turn to page 65-68 covers front and rear facing seats. They are not very good with their diagrams but as long as do not mind, their is some good youTube video's but not all of them are on a Honda. This really does not matter, the video is generic enough for you to understand where this latch or tether points are located.

Reactions: serega12

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am not sure what you are trying to achieve. Tether points are behind the middle row seats and used for front facing seats. Not sure how tether points are helpful with rear facing seats..

·
Registered
99 Posts
This video helped me tether the rear strap of rear facing seat
For me this video just like example how parents can feel safe and kids in danger.
If you connect this strap this way, how it will work during front accident? Inertia will push seat and baby forward... And this strap show hold seat to opposite direction.
This strap must be attached to the ceiling.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

North America doesn’t have the same standards as Europe so there’s no attachment point for rear facing seats. What most car seat manufacturers are offering is the anti rebound bar but it’s usually only on the more expensive seat models

1 - 9 of 9 Posts