Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Does a anyone knows what's the difference between a 2003 and 2005 model?

I have a 2003 odyssey but I've been struggling to find black leather middle seats for mine model but is more easy to find from 2005 models.

And roof racks is way easier from 2005 than the late models.

Cheers.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have a 2003 odyssey but I've been struggling to find black leather middle seats for mine model but is more easy to find from 2005 models.

Cheers.
They are two different generations, reflecting a major redesign after '04.

You can't seriously be asking people to start listing all the changes....can you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are two different generations, reflecting a major redesign after '04.

You can't seriously be asking people to start listing all the changes....can you?
No, that's not what I meant. I understand about all the changes. Some cars have only facelift changes and I thought that odyssey would it be one of those.

What's just a general question.

Thanks by the way

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Well the general answer is that with your 2nd generation, look for 1999-2004 Ody's for your seats and roof rack. The 3rd generation from 2005-2010. Just look inside a 2005 and see how different it is from your '03.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Did your '02 come with the middle seats and roof rack removed? It should have come from the factory with them.
Use your eyes and a measuring tape. Are the locations/spacing of the mounting even visually similar? If yes, do some exact measuring.

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
LucasRufino, are you from down under (flag in your profile) with a 2003 Odyssey, no sliding doors? If that is the case, 2005 might have the same interior bits.

Like everybody else says, break out the Mark 1 eyeballs and measuring tape. Better yet, find somebody with a 2005 and see if they'll let you take a seat out of their van and plunk it down into yours, just to see if it works.

OF

Reactions: aztexkid

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Guys,

Cheers.
When I needed that 11 pin sliding door switch for my 03 Ody, I called a dozen salvage yards in SW PA.
NOT ONE YARD had an 2nd Gen Ody on their lot. In my neighborhood 50% of the minivans are Honda, so I figured all the yards have purged their inventories of 2nd Gens to feed the crushers.

·
Registered
836 Posts
When I needed that 11 pin sliding door switch for my 03 Ody, I called a dozen salvage yards in SW PA.
NOT ONE YARD had an 2nd Gen Ody on their lot. In my neighborhood 50% of the minivans are Honda, so I figured all the yards have purged their inventories of 2nd Gens to feed the crushers.
Or the vehicles have moved on to the low rent district where the business names start with "U" or "You".

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
Or the vehicles have moved on to the low rent district where the business names start with "U" or "You".
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

OF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts