Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure this is "normal" so I'm throwing this out there to the masses.

It almost seems like I'm getting a little "knock back" of the pads as the first time I press the brakes after cruising for ~1 mile the pedal is a little softer than if I release and hit them again.

The brakes aren't warm enough to be affected by expanding air in the calipers.

The effect is really minor - maybe just slightly more than 1/4"-1/2" difference where the pedal starts seeing some solid resistance. I had 3 co-workers drive the car in the last week and only 2 of them could notice it AFTER I mentioned to them to feel for it....so maybe I'm just used to my other car.

Is this normal? I don't want to go to the dealer for something that could end up being worse by monkeying with it - plus I don't want to waste their time either.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
dunno if i am having the same issue with our '12 TE. however, the brakes since driving the van home on sat, surely have felt weak or quite soft. feels like i really need to give them a press if i have to stop quickly.

very odd too. only got 100 miles on the van, so will give it a bit more time before seeing if indeed something is up.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
djillusion and NJBlueRSX.....thanks. Glad that I'm not just losing my mind. Well, maybe I am but maybe I'm not alone in the process. =p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts