Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Here is the back story: 2012 Touring --- On our last road trip our DVD player stopped working. The system would continually eject even though there was no disc inserted. I have searched through posts and tried many things to no avail. I was able to get my hands on another head unit to replace my Radio/RES/Nav unit. I installed the headunit below:

to the existing fascia:

Radio works, Nav works, RES works. My issue is that the Interface Dial Feedback voice is not working.. It does not work for within the nav either. Does anyone have or know which module/chipset/component is responsible for the voice feature?

I tried the easy stuff within the menus on auto and on as well as adjusted the volume etc..

i could learn to live without another voice in my head however i know the wifey prefers it.

thank you in advance.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The feedback voice volume should be adjustable (it is on the 2014+ vans with a slightly different setup). Try looking through the menus to see what you can find.

-Charlie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The feedback voice volume should be adjustable (it is on the 2014+ vans with a slightly different setup). Try looking through the menus to see what you can find.

-Charlie
Thanks but unfortunately I tried those prior to posting and nothing...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do you get any sound out of the center speaker? DVDs in surround mode should play (some) audio through there (not sure on other audio sources, haven't personally checked)

-Charlie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you get any sound out of the center speaker? DVDs in surround mode should play (some) audio through there (not sure on other audio sources, haven't personally checked)

-Charlie
hmm, great thinking. I will check that out and get back. I noticed the audio "beep" that indicates voice recognition is not working either .🤔🤔🤔

1 - 5 of 5 Posts