Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 01 SS EX yesterday. We love it.

I'm just wondering how best to clean the interior (dash & instrument panel, door panels, etc...)

Is it best to just use a damp cloth, or should I use some type of detergent?

------------------
Andy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to the club. I too have twins + one. Anyway, I just use a damp cloth on occasion. to clean the plastic paneling, Resolve for the carpets and windex for the plastic instrument panel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks vazque. Has anyone else had any experience using detergents on the dash?

Also, what about the other parts that are not carpet such as just inside the doors on the floor / rear storage bin (by 3rd seat), etc...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I use the Pledge grab it or Swifter sheets to dust the plastic areas. Also, for stuff stuck on the plastic, I always have used the baby wipes which are in the car anyways for quick cleanups.

I avoid Armorall as some of the chemicals in it are not good for the plastic.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Robr2 that is a good idea with the swiffer sheets. I am going to try those in the car. I always use them around the house why not on the Odyssey.

·
Registered
331 Posts
vazque - glad you could use the tip.

I started using them this spring. We got a sample in the mail as I was cleaning our Accord. Why waste it on the house thought I!

It did a great job on the pollen (never, ever leave your sunroof open overnite during pollen season!!!) and I use them all the time for the cars now that I discovered we had swifters in the house as well. Like I would know there are cleaning supplies in the house as well!!!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
One word: 'micro-fiber'.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Good ideas on the Swiffers and micro-fibers.

Warning: Do not buy the Armor-All wipes in the handy cylinder containers. While they don't leave as much of the typical Armor-All shine, they just push the dust around the dash and don't pick it up. I wasn't too pleased.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts