Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a white ex-l and I know if you get it in that color you have to get the tan interior. Has anyone completely changed their interior to black or grey? Any pics? Thanks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
You're talking big money.

if you want OEM leather, its about $1200 for the 3 rows of seats on Ebay, and I estimate about another $2500++ for the carpet, doors, roof liner, seat belts, and plastic trim. You might be able to dump your parts on Ebay. If you really move forward with it send me a private message, I might be interested in your seats if they're in great condition. Luckily the dash and steering wheel will remain the same color.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Don't forget about the dash. With money you can do anything, but I think it would be a much better option to either get used to the tan or find an exterior color with the grey interior.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Don't forget about the dash. With money you can do anything, but I think it would be a much better option to either get used to the tan or find an exterior color with the grey interior.

Isn't the dash black in the Tan and the Grey and Black interiors?

·
Registered
132 Posts
The top half is black. The bottom half is the color of the interior. Basically you would be replacing the bottom half of the dash, console, kick panels, door panels, seats, carpet, headliner, column panels, seat belts, drink trays, cargo panels, rear door panel.

I couldn't even fathom how much that would cost unless you got a wrecked car with all those parts and swapped them out. If you knew someone in the wrecking business they might let you swap them out for minimal to no cost but that is the only cost effective way I would think you could do it. I would venture to say you would also have tons of rattles after doing such a conversion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you guys think about just changing out the seats, and carpet, then reupholstering the headliners? as for the side panels and dash, i was thinking of painting it with interior trim paint.

·
Registered
854 Posts
The upper part of the dash in my Ivory interior is not black. Rather, it is a very dark taupe color. The steering wheel is the same color too.

IIRC, it was black on my dad's '06 Redrock/Ivory.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
what do you guys think about just changing out the seats, and carpet, then reupholstering the headliners? as for the side panels and dash, i was thinking of painting it with interior trim paint.
I think it's something you'll look back on in a few years and say "WTF was I thinking...." :DD

·
Registered
194 Posts
Go buy the car first, then paint away.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would have several concerns with this.

1. The materials used in the panels of the car are not intended to be painted. This means there is a very high likelihood that the paint will peel, crack, or bubble over time.
2. The textures of the interior will probably suffer with paint. Especially when considering you'll have to clean it. If you have kids their throwing toys, food, and drinks will possibly damage the paint.
3. This is the big one for me. Your interior will probably not age over time as well as a factory interior.
4. This would be a huge hit for resale value. I personally would never buy a preowned car that someone had painted the interior panels of. (Yeah I might make an exception if Chip Foose did it.)

I personally would either live with the tan interior if I had to have a white van or would search for another color like silver so I could have the gray or black interior if it meant that much to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts