Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to epoxy this and it held for half a day. Honda odyssey 2006 plastic seems anti adhesive. Heat gun?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Don't know how hard it would be to take the panel off and epoxy and some tape from behind, let it cure and put it back? Or maybe try some slow cure epoxy which is more flexible?

Duct tape keeps the world together.... :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know how hard it would be to take the panel off and epoxy and some tape from behind, let it cure and put it back? Or maybe try some slow cure epoxy which is more flexible?

Duct tape keeps the world together.... :)
I could try putting duct tape from behind and epoxy it again. I didn't clean it with alcohol, but fast epoxy didn't work at all.

·
Registered
2005 EXL w Nav
262 Posts
Plastics are tough to glue. I used to use abs plumbing drain pipe adhesive for black abs plastic and other some success. On bumpers I have also been able to use a soldering iron to stitch together plastics but it turns out like Frankenstein. One glue I have had success it’s is gorilla super glue gel in the small tubes. No mixing and it easily gets into large cracks like that. Do not use the gorilla glue original that expands

or maybe try an epoxy mare for plastics.I would think the plastic type used for the panel might be on the inside of the panel as part of the mold. Look for the code like PP HDPE ABS PVC...

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
To prevent the crack from spreading, at the end of the crack drill a small round hole.

Is everything on the door panel attached properly, as something is putting a stress on that section of the panel.

Of note, some plastics are kind of 'funny' and waxy, making it hard for glue to stick.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I tried to epoxy this and it held for half a day. Honda odyssey 2006 plastic seems anti adhesive. Heat gun?

View attachment 160582
To prevent the crack from spreading, at the end of the crack drill a small round hole.

Is everything on the door panel attached properly, as something is putting a stress on that section of the panel.

Of note, some plastics are kind of 'funny' and waxy, making it hard for glue to stick.
You can use nail polish remover for a prep, it is acetone based. Be careful it eats the plastic surface. Then my favorite is JB weld epoxy. They have the fast stuff, but I like the overnight cure. It can be filed or sanded down. Some touch paint, might look ok.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Junk yard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts