Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I just traded in the 02 for a brand new 11. It drives very nice. I added a few things including the Interior Illumination kit in the front feet area. Has any one else gotten this option? I do not know when they turn on? When I open the door the do not go on. Any help would be greatfull.

thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We I drove the van at night and now I see them. I would say if i was to do it again I would not add them on. The light is not very bright. When you look at it on line it is way brighter. Maybe it is me or they did not install it correctly. Dose anyone have them as well and does it even help to see anything from them?
thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
The ambient lights in the Touring are very dim and not nearly like the displayed photo. The overhead one does shed some light on the front console.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We did them ourselves for a fraction of the cost, and they are always running. In the daytime they are not noticeable but at night they are obvious but not strong enough to distract the driver. It is a very useful feature, IMO.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Indy Ace said:
The ambient lighting is standard on all Touring models. You need not install it yourself.
That's news to me. I have a 2011 Touring but I'm quite certain I don't have ambient lighting.

How would one turn it on if I did have it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gr2659 did you use the Hoda parts or aftermarket? Did the dealer install mine poorly and that is why i am not getting the light?
thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
The upper ambient light is the blue LED between the map lights that is on only when your parking lights or headlights are on.

The lower ambient lights near the center of each front foot well are blue LEDs under the dash that are barely visable because they are so dim...not because of poor installation.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Indy Ace said:
The upper ambient light is the blue LED between the map lights that is on only when your parking lights or headlights are on.

The lower ambient lights near the center of each front foot well are blue LEDs under the dash that are barely visable because they are so dim...not because of poor installation.
OK, I'll give you the upper ambient. It's definitely there (to what end, I don't know, since it doesn't really provide any ambient lighting).

I still don't see the lower ones. Now that it's really dark out, I'll go take another look.

Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The single blue LEDs are definitely there. You can make them slightly brighter by maximizing the dash guage lights with the guage light knob. They are still very dim at the maximum setting...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Do you guyssee the lights inthe drivers floor too? Because I noticed them on the passengers floor but not the drivers floor.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The driver's side light is back up from under the center of the steering wheel. If you stick your head there, you will see the single blue LED. There is something about the housing of the LED that blocks most of the light. It is almost impossible to see in the driver's floor well when it is on. Does anyone have a Touring with observable floor LEDs? This may be a design defect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 2011 EX/L RES had the same poor interior illumination issue. sales guy and technician reviewed the install and suggested probably the lights are defective. ordered a replacement. took my car y.day and got it replaced around evening., it was better. but when it was dark, effect was awesome. same brightness as in the honda sample picture. very pleasing, on both the driver/passenger side under the dash. its ON when you turn on the lights. my family with kids already enjoying the new vehicle. and with these cool blue lighting, its like the plane's cockpit. I suggest you guys, ask the dealer to replace the part

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TPP
Did they just replace the LED's or the whole kit?
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Service guy said they replaced the whole replacement part, while I was with the sales guy. took about 30 minutes. He said its better than the previous part,. I used a white paper underneath the light bulb, it was better but not to the extent in the sample pic. (Daylight was still there). I was disheatened and drove home. After few hours when it was dark, I turn on the light, and then it was WOW!! cool blue ambient light under the dash

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Took the van to the dealer today. They had no data on a defect in their system. They can see the light when you gut on the ground and look up it is just so low lumens coming off of that thing. They said they would check to see if others have had this in a tech website for internal Honda use. He said he would call back in a few days. I think this is a problem just not many have gone to get it looked at. Any suggestions to get this fixed if in fact it is a defect?

·
Registered
85 Posts
windycityody said:
gr2659 did you use the Hoda parts or aftermarket? Did the dealer install mine poorly and that is why i am not getting the light?
thanks
Our Elite did not come w/the floor lighting installed, the overhead (map) light is plenty sufficient for where it is at... but there was nothing on the floors.

We did it aftermarket.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Our elite did come with both overhead and floor. The floor is quite weak, but you can definitely see it come on when you turn on the headlights.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
i have to agree that the ambiant light in the Ody is far worse than in my TL. It's a bit dissapointing because I really like it in my TL.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts