Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anone else experienced the interior leaking on 1999, or newer Odyessy. At first there was a leak on the drivers A pillar, that saturated the head liner. This was fixed by the dealer. Next we experienced leaks coming through to the headliner above both sliding doors. Again this was fixed by the dealership.

Now both driver side and passenger seat belts are wet. This time there is no visible or felt dampness in the headliner.

I would love to know if anyone else has had similar issues, and if so what was the fix?

Perplexed in Indy!!!

------------------
IndyOdy

·
Registered
596 Posts
What did they fix? Where was the water coming from to end up in the headliner?

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jerry,

We believe that the water was coming through the joints in and around the sliding doors. Then running to the lowest possible point in the headliner. Additionally, I believe this caused a short in the dome lights. The dealer repaired the seal around the sliding doors. Honda has stood by the product and there have been no charges for the repair, but it is a royal pain in the.....

We traded in our 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager for the Honda thinking the reliability would improve. We have had more problems with the Honda than the Mopar product, go figure???

IndyOdy

------------------
IndyOdy

·
Registered
579 Posts
You must be un-lucky. I have no problem at all with my Odyssey. It treat me wonderful so far. It is not so with my 97 Cadillac. I got everything fall off on me. A couple week ago, both of my side rear windows crack. I didn't do anything strange. I role the windows up and down normal, but for some reason it decide to crack on it way up. Hopefully you get it fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts