Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a dimmer mod for the interior lighting yet. I have a SS lx and we took our first late night trip with the kids.
The interior lighting in the rear positions didn't bother me as much as having the dome light on in our Honda Accord wagon but it would have been nice to dim them since they are really bright.

Andy

·
Registered
139 Posts
Andy
My wife likes to read sometimes while we are driving at night, so I simply replaced the bulb in her dome light with a dimmer one that is less bothersom for me while I drive, but I like your idea of a dimmer switch for all the lights. Maybe someone can tell us how to wire up a reostat near the interior light switch.

[This message has been edited by dlh2 (edited 06-20-2001).]

·
Registered
103 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dlh2:
Maybe someone can tell us how to wire up a reostat near the interior light switch.

</font>
And a timer to shut them off after X minutes.

Yup, I got nailed the other night. Put in new Pioneers speakers, then decided to vaccuum Ody, turned on interior lights, vaccuumed, closed up van, forgot lights. Yesterday at work my wife called asking what the hell I did to those speakers!

BTW, since it was dead inside the garage, and of course the Ody battery and my Accord battery are at the outer sides of each car, rendering my jumper cables way too short, I used my trusty John Deere lawn tractor, which is parked between the hoods of the two vehicles, to jump start the Ody. Piece of cake!

------------------
Steve
'01 GG EX w/ 2900 miles
Towing package, fog lights, KB subwoofer, leather steering wrap, splash guards, cargo tray, wheel locks, cross bars, Pioneer speakers

·
Registered
148 Posts
Since it is low amperage, you can use a DC rheostat on the ground wire. If you choose to replace the bulb with a lower wattage one (none exists), 5 watts is standard and some of the bulbs in the Ody are weird size (middle ones), go with a colored bulb (not XENON TYPE which is coated), but PAINTED COLOR types which are like BLUE/RED/PURPLE (etc), it should bring the light level closer to 3 watts or so from the color coating.

------------------

Here to help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts