Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. New to the Honda family and am trying to figure out if there is a quick and easy way to turn on all the interior lights on the 2020 EXL. ?

My daughter struggles to wear her seatbelt in the middle seat with booster in place and often can use the light to see where the belt needs to click etc... the lights turn off as soon as all the doors close, so I have been working around with having the driver side door open till she is done. The lights being yellow doesnt help much either... so if anyone has suggestions on better replacement (white/LED/higher lumens) please let me know..

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
778 Posts
Yes. Push this switch forward towards the windshield.

Reactions: vaibhav1203

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Cool. I will have to figure out how many of what types i need for a complete interior overhaul...
Those in my post above will work in your map lights and all rear passenger lights. You'd need 6 to do all of them.
This one will work for cargo light:
https://www.vleds.com/3022-24-ho.html
These will do your vanity mirror on the sun visor. 2 per side:
https://www.vleds.com/vanity-6.html
And these will do your glove compartment and center console:
https://www.vleds.com/74-6-c.html

I have them picked out for all interior and exterior lights on the van. Just waiting for black Friday sale to kick in! ?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I used a set off Amazon: ASIN: B074TTNKCG

$26 shipped for the whole van.
Amazon lights are OK and are priced reasonably. V-LEDS are more expensive, but light output is amazing. I had them in 8+ vehicles over the years and they're great.

You get what you pay for. ?

·
Registered
503 Posts
As for good bulbs - these are great. Expensive, but you get what you pay for and they come with 3 year warranty. https://www.vleds.com/194-14-ll.html
Have you bought all the interior lamps and do they fit properly in the lamp fixtures not causing the lens to bind up when pushing it off/on? I had bought some LED lamps package deal on AMAZON for all interior lamps and the ones that used the on/off feature switched by the lens were to long and I had to cut-off the tail end to make the fit properly (just verily). I noticed at the VLED website they tell you to verify the length of the opening before ordering and compare to their specs. They ask for your vehicle specs, should they not already know what length of bulb fits? They know what bulb type it is, but did they use the standard measurement of the incandescent bulb when making the VLED? I would probably buy these if you tell me they fir with no interference with the lens due to length of the LED hitting the edge of the lens. Thanks!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Have you bought all the interior lamps and do they fit properly in the lamp fixtures not causing the lens to bind up when pushing it off/on? I had bought some LED lamps package deal on AMAZON for all interior lamps and the ones that used the on/off feature switched by the lens were to long and I had to cut-off the tail end to make the fit properly (just verily). I noticed at the VLED website they tell you to verify the length of the opening before ordering and compare to their specs. They ask for your vehicle specs, should they not already know what length of bulb fits? They know what bulb type it is, but did they use the standard measurement of the incandescent bulb when making the VLED? I would probably buy these if you tell me they fir with no interference with the lens due to length of the LED hitting the edge of the lens. Thanks!
I know that you mean, some aftermarket LEDs are too long.
The one in the link is the standard measurement. That's why I picked it. It's not the brightest they have, but it's same overall dimensions as incandescent counterpart.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
I replace all interior bulbs in the passenger compartment it's flat panel 24 LED boards so the interior is as bright as day could also be seen as major Overkill but I'd like to be able to see everything

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
I know that you mean, some aftermarket LEDs are too long.
The one in the link is the standard measurement. That's why I picked it. It's not the brightest they have, but it's same overall dimensions as incandescent counterpart.
Thanks for the response and info. I had contacted VLED as well and this is their response:
VLEDS

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your email. We appreciate the information about the LED headlights on your 2018 Honda Odyssey. We will add that option to our search guide. Also, our search guide is based on information gathered from different search sites, these are not guaranteed to be the correct part number, therefore we do recommend checking the size of the bulb and the dimensions of the stock bulb and comparing it the provided part number. For example, our 194 LED bulbs come in three different lengths, our larger 194_26 LED bulb does not fit all 194 applications as it is just a tad bit longer than the stock bulb. And our Festoon bulbs: 3022, 3175, 6418, 211 are 30mm. 31mm, 38mm. and 42mm long.

If you need help identifying a specific bulb, upload a photo, and we'll let you know what it is.

We also offer a 30-day return policy, so if the product does not fit and or does not meet your expectations, you can always return it for a full refund less shipping charges within 30 days after receiving the product.

I hope this information helps and, please do not hesitate to ask if you have any other questions!

Thank you,
Customer Support
www.vleds.com
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm PST

·
Registered
778 Posts
I can confirm now that the White High Power 360° 14 led 194 bulb works on the interior lights. It is a very close fit! In fact, it is such a close fit that bulb is throwing faint blue/purple lines because of how those lenses are made. Without the lens it looks pure white. Clicking mechanism works as well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I replace all interior bulbs in the passenger compartment it's flat panel 24 LED boards so the interior is as bright as day could also be seen as major Overkill but I'd like to be able to see everything

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
Just looked at your avatar. Is that a light up reflector on the back? Did you order it somewhere or modify your existing one?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts